1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update so far Also some advice on advancing in the work force

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Feb 24, 2014.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alrighty I came to a decision to stay with my sister and her boyfriend and my niece along with a newborn coming soon. Originally they found a 3 bedroom townhouse but somebody already claimed it.

So my sister kept looking, and it turns out that my sister boyfriends brother lives in a house, a 4 bedroom house and he will be leaving for ST.Louis by March. The rent isnt bad at all and plus its closer to my school which would be 30-45 as suppose an hour where I live at. But I will be transferring to another community college and that college is 15 min from the house plus my mom works across the street on the same side. Across the street is where my barber is at and also right around the corner 2 mins away is my doctors office. So its very convieniant!

My dad told me that when it comes to the bills and what not my estimate will be $450 a month however I think it might be a little more. Probably $500-$600 a month.
    Here is the sucky part my job that I work out now are cutting my hours and I told them I withdrew some of my classes (all but 1) to work more days. They are doing the best they can just this week yesterday I asked my manager and she said that I can work on saturday from 1pm-5pm.
    However Im working 2 days a week and my paycheck is between 125- 200. I get paid bi weekly too and im only getting like 18 hours every 2 weeks for the paycheck.

However at the same job but different store I use to work 3 days a week work a little bit longer on the days like either 8:30 to 5 or 12pm and close at 7.
    My paycheck every 2 weeks would range from $350- $380.

What im trying to say is if I still had the hours that Ive worked at the other store (which closed down) my monthly income I would be alright living with my sisters family. However with these hours I have wont cover all my responsibilities when it comes to the bills to pay.

I know Im going to need a 2nd job but I don't know what. My dad told me yesterday that I need a real job that is part time and go to school too.
    The thing of it is Im not good at work when it comes to a real job like an office job. Im wondering if a receptionist job is a real job? Though Im shy and have social anxiety I always get from people that I have a nice smile and that I have nice manners.

My dad asked me what I wanted to do and I told him that I like interviewing people either for the radio or on TV but when it comes to TV I don't have to be on TV. My dad said I could get a internship at a radio station but internships doesnt pay. so Im wondering if its possible to work a part time job that helps pay the bills going to school full time and intern.

Im just worried if I leave the job I have now (cashier) to advance up to another part time job that is a real job unlike retail, Im worried that I will get fired for not having my work done because of having a hard time.

However I feel as though since Im on a computer pretty much all the time. However Im not a computer wiz what so ever. Is their a job where I type files or storing files? IDK what to do!

My parents said that they will help me just a little bit financially but not much because they need to get their financial life back up to par taxes for example.

Hopefully Big Lots is hiring next door to my job and also be a cashier! My manager said that her husband works for Big Lots and she said its a easy job to and they pay a little bit more too. $10-$12 an hour. So that would be good if they are hiring part time too.

If they arent hiring, what jobs that are easy for people who have Inattentive ADHD like myself that is a real job that pays $11 and up for a part time and that is indoor or maybe in a office setting?

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Never quit a job until you secure another =p also... Accounting, HR, and the like would be what you're looking for. or a call center, I'm sure Atlanta has a few

3. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought about being an HR assistant if my dream career doesnt work out!