1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion Teacher Woes

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Munyal, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Munyal

I have a fanatical Catholic right wing cray-cray believes-it-all religion teacher. She already tried to convince me to "think about my decisions" and the like, which is all fine. I have been respectful as I can be (which is a surprising amount, considering she compared gay people to serial killers because "they are equal in God's eyes." :dry: Anyways, I was talking to my friends, and I mentioned that I don't really like Ms. ____ a whole lot. Another kid was apparently listening to our conversation, and got super offended and asked why (angrily) I didn't like the class, and the least offensive thing I could think to say is that Ms. _____ and I had issues with one another regarding our points of view. He tried to pry further, but I saw no reason to goad him any more, and babbled about how we "disagreed" and she was somewhat disrespectful towards me until he went away. I don't know if I handled this correctly. Should I have said something else? What if this gets back to Ms. _____? How do I make myself sound less offensive to others? Please help.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's the job of a religion teacher to teach about religion, not preach faith in the religion she believes is true. Just disregard whatever crap she says and try to get through that class with a good grade. :/

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "What if this gets back to Ms. _____?"

What if it does? You won't be the first person to not like a teacher/class and you won't be the last.