1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motivation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kamina, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Kamina

Well.... that's just the thing. I have none right now. I have been feeling depressed lately, like there is a hole in the center of me, but it has never before made me so useless.

Thing is, I've struggled with depression since middle school. I've never gone for help but I've handled it fairly well. It's been this bad before too.

I just can't get up in the mornings, I can't sleep at night, and I can't motivate myself to do anything. Then i get anxious because nothing is done because I'm depressed, I'm so anxious I can't do anything so I get even more depressed, and then I'm depressed so I can't motivate myself to do anything and the cycle repeats.

The horrible thing is, is that this semester is so important. I need good grades now or my acceptance to university could be revoked. I have 3 of my 6 required courses down. I just need to finish this semester. I need to surive it.

Does anyone have any advice to motivate yourself. To do anything, especially study and do homework? I'm desperate.

2. KFHarry

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Why do you get out of bed in the morning Yelena?
    Why do you want to go to university?

Knowing why you do what you do is a great self-motivation. It could even push you through feelings because the answers are so important.

That horrible thing could be related to why you do what you do. I can't tell you why you get out of bed. That's something you need to sit down and think about. It's all about understanding yourself.

Why is this semester so important?
    Why is university so important?

These are the answers you write down and look at, Every. Single. Day.

--

I'm tired as hell. It's 9:30am (time I wrote this). This coffee hasn't worked. I feel like crap. A bit stressed. I've got a minor headache. I should be in bed right now, why am I not in bed and writing a post to someone I don't even know, Yelena?

Because I believe you are somebody. Assuring you that you matter is why I do what I do.

That's what knowing 'Why' could do to your life.

All the best

3. Sarah257

I was in a similar situation for a long time. Turns out that it was because something was bothering me on a very deep level. Once I realized what was wrong, there was a drastic change in my mood. I feel motivated, hopeful, and happy again. Maybe there's just something bothering you that you aren't dealing with. Try to find the root of why you feel like you do. Then you can start to deal with whatever it is.