1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhealthy obsession

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kylegf2011, Feb 25, 2014.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can´t get this guy out of my head. We had a thing going on, and suddenly he just stopped answering me, like that, like a week before we had talked, and then he left me without an answer.

The problem is I can´t stop thinking about him. I hate him so much right now, and then I see posts of his on my fb wall, and I start to stalk him, and I just hate him even more. I can´t stop! I want to hurt him, but at the same time I would love that he talked to me again, I hate this feeling so much :tears:

Im angry and sad at the same time, I just don´t understand what happened and now that I accepted that its over I still can´t be ok with it :tears:

The thing that haunts me the most is how nice he was the last time we talked :icon_sad:

I know that I can´t change his feelings towards me and its not his fault if he stopped caring about me, but it feels awful :tears:

2. ornoir29

Try to understand that your feelings are for the image of a person you have in your head, and not with the real person. That usually helps.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know the feeling. :frowning2:

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I know you can't really force or convince someone to feel the same way about you as you feel about them, but I wish people would at least be decent enough to respond. In many ways I think being ignored is more difficult to deal with than being hated.

I'm sure that saying this probably won't help much, but if he's willing to toy with your feelings that much is he really worth the level of emotion you're investing in him? I know that's not really something you have control over, but from a distant observer's perspective it sounds like he's not worth your time.

Good luck; I know how much that sucks. :frowning2:

4. setnyx

maybe there are things going on with him that he isn't ready to share.

5. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thx :slight_smile: it really helps to read these things, and know others have felt like this. I know I should stop thinking about him, since he clearly doesn´t even think about me, and when Im almost over it, I remember when he used to say he missed me alot and had all these plans with me when he came back... I just wish all that would have happened :icon_sad:

6. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It would be nice if you could just shut off your feelings for someone with the flick of a switch, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Give it time -- maybe he'll come around or maybe you'll meet someone you like even better.

As much as it hurts to care so deeply about someone and not have your affection returned, I can't say I've ever wished that I never developed those feelings in the first place. It sucks, but in a really weird way it's comforting to know that I'm capable of feeling so strongly. It gives me a little bit of hope that it's possible to someday find someone special.

Hang in there. :slight_smile: