1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fell in love with someone 3 years older~

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yosia, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Yosia

I am a person who believes age difference doesnt matter but i have fell in love with someone who is 18 and i am 15 and i am fine with it, it is just scaring me what my family will say because i think it will be a big shock to them me announcing im in love with a boy let alone someone who has finished college before iv even started also people would look at us weird >_<

Do you guys think its okay? i love him very much >.<

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 16 I dated someone who was 21, so I can't really say it's not OK in terms of the age gap, I would suggest though that at 15, you're a minor, and I'm not sure that guy could DO anything with you...

3. Gen

Gen

You say fell in love; What is your connection to him? Is he a friend? Is he aware?

4. Yosia

He is a friend of my brothers but im friends with him too and Yes he is aware, we have been texting for like the past week and he said he loves me too ^^

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it -- my only concern is the legal aspect. You're a minor and he's not so that can get kind of iffy depending on where you live. I'm sure the last thing you'd want is for him to potentially get himself into a ton of trouble.

Congrats on finding someone though; that's awesome! :slight_smile:

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three years is a noticeable age difference at 15/18, but in a few years, it won't matter nearly as much. When you're 18, he'll be 21, and an 18 year old and a 21 year old aren't all that different. By 21/24, it's pretty much completely irrelevant.

So my advice would just be to take it slow, and give yourself time to grow up.

7. Beetle

Take it slow since you're a minor...don't want him to get into any trouble. In a few years the age difference won't mean a thing.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a 3 years age difference is fine, in fact, I dated a sophomore in college (He was 18, almost 19) this year (my junior year of HS, I was 16, almost 17), he's almost 3 years older than me and I was fine with it. The only thing is being younger in a relationship (in your case, being almost 4 years younger), you need to make sure they aren't just using you, although that's true in any relationship, actually. I would say age is just a number, but there are definitely some boundaries I wouldn't cross with age. I'm not going to tell you not to be with him, if he's not just using you. Also, hopefully this is way down the road, but please, if things ever get intimate, make sure you're legally able to consent, so he doesn't get charged with rape or anything.

TL;DR? 3 years age difference may seem a lot now, but 5 years from now it would be nothing.

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    be careful ur only 15 nd the guy is 21 be wary if hes using you

10. Sarcastic Luck

..The guy is 18, not 21..

11. Au.Quicksilver

I'm 13 and I'm fairly sure I'm in love with someone 5 years older than me! And he lives in another country! Age gaps aren't rare. But can be taxing. As many have said, watch out for users

12. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally, age difference counts for nothing if you love someone. I dated a guy for three years who was ten years older and it wasn't the age thing that split us up.

I would go along with others who have mentioned the potential trouble with you only being 15 and him 18. At 18/21 it means nothing, but you need to take things slowly right now.

13. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... I'm 17 and have liked guys as young as 14 in the past...
    Personally, I think as long as both people communicate thoroughly about it, and they do indeed love each other, there's nothing wrong with it. But if you DO end up EHEM.. doing anything ... keep that part quiet.

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

The age difference might be risky at your ages, but I also know in a few years it'll mean nothing. I think as long as nothing sexual is there It's fine (depending on your state/country laws).

15. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Which do you think will be a bigger shock to your parents, that he's 3 years older, or that he's a guy?

16. Yosia

I dont know really, i would say the fact its boy but not too sure :3

17. MissyT

Congrats on finding someone! (*hug*) To me 3 years isn't a big difference but like state before make sure to take it slow until you are of the age of consent. :slight_smile:

18. PinkieKeen

I was in the same situation before. and i say if it makes you happy, then do it ^^ screw what other people think. Live your life the way you want to live it. Ive actually been with someone 5 yrs older. i was 16 and they were almost 22 lol

19. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what the legal age is where you live, but I suggest you find out if you two feel like doing anything of a sexual nature. For just one example, check this out.

Lesbian student refuses plea deal after statutory rape charge - UPI.com

There's another one out there of an 18 year old boy who gave oral sex to someone under legal sex and got charged too. Even the cops admitted that the guy probably wouldn't have gotten prosecuted in it would've been a boy girl relationship.