1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my friend has an ED

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Avi123, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Avi123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a very close friend who texted me today saying she has an eating disorder. Even though she admitted the problem she said it was no big deal, she also texted me "I lost wieght :slight_smile:" . What should i do?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't take this too literally, but do you know if she was being entirely serious? Sometimes people say that but they actually don't - it's sometimes just in someone's humor to say that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Have you noticed her being excessively thin, or unhealthy?
    Are you in a position where you can ask her more about it, or ask her to expand on what she means?

In my opinion, there's not a lot that you can do yourself besides being supportive and friendly.
    If you do believe that she has a serious problem, you could tell her parents, or a teacher or counselor at school. They may be better equipped to handle the situation efficiently and effectively.

But like I said - sometimes people around you age say those things, but really they don't mean it. Look into it more, see if it is true, and then address it from there.