1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Sexuality

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Mar 1, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I'm not sure if it is possible to be, say, Androsexual and Homosexual?

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, androsexual means attracted to guys, so for a guy androsexual and homosexual are synonymous.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Androsexual is also not a recognized term, at least among credible professionals in the psychology or sexology field. I don't mean to be a label nazi, but when we start using a ridiculously broad collection of terms for which there's no credible evidence for their existence, we aren't doing anyone a service.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Androsexual is more widely used in transgender circles, since there's a distinction made between biological sex and gender, whereas a cis man or woman attracted to the same sex or gender would call themselves gay. For example, a trans woman would be considered straight for liking men, and a man would be considered gay, but someone who either felt as both, neither, or one or the other at different times would find switching between gay and straight as confusing, and use androsexual as short hand, since it leaves the identity of the person in question open, but specifies that they are indeed attracted to men.

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with gravechild. I also think that androsexual and gynesexual are useful terms for genderqueers.
    As being one myself, identifying as lesbian didn't work for me 100% because I'm attracted to women as both male and female. I know I wanna take care of a woman as a man and wanna be taken care of by a woman as a woman. I can't say I'm bisexual though because I'm not attracted to men.