1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quite The Predictament

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by willycubed28, Mar 1, 2014.

1. willycubed28

So I work in a restaurant and I have been there for over 6 years. I am moving in ten days to Florida and I am looking forward to that. The issue is in the past two weeks I have had 5 of my girl friends at work come up to me and tell me that the Bar Manager has made some sexual moves towards them, and also texting them in the morning and saying "Good morning Beautiful. Are you single?" One of the girls is still in high school. I feel the need to say something to the General Manager before I leave because I would hate for something to happen to the girls. They also are all very young between the ages of 16 to 19.

What should I do? Should I tell the General Manager what is going on, or should I just keep my mouth shut?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't the girls deal with it themselves? Companies these days usually take sexual harassment very seriously. If they have already told him no and yet he persists, they could report him to HR and he could be either relocated, demoted, or maybe even fired. I can't see the harm in telling the GM yourself if you are very worried either.

3. willycubed28

The girls are very terrified that the manager would retaliate against them. I, myself have really nothing to lose and want to make sure these girls are safe.

4. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you have your answer then. Talk to the General Manager and try to make sure this guy doesn't creep out other girls. It's the right thing to do, especially since some of the reports are from minors.