1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate myself.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sully, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Sully

I realised last night. I hate being gay. I hate feeling different. I hate if I'm with mates and they're talking about girls I can't join in. I hate it so fucking much and I feel like I'm in denial of so many things. I really hate myself at the moment.

2. Aphrodite

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like everyone goes through the phase you are going through once in their life. You should be proud of who you are.

Think of it like this:

Many people are born and they die without doing anything sensible in their lives. They do not fight for anything, they do not change the world, they do not take steps to better this Earth. By being gay you are granted the opportunity to REPRESENT individuality, you are changing the way the world think BY BEING YOU AND LOVING YOURSELF. You are fighting for a cause... how many people can say they did that? Your happiness should be the first and foremost important thing to your existence. Represent yourself because people that LOVE you, love you for YOU ARE. If you can't love yourself, then how will anyone else love you? Cheer up!

3. Sully

Thanks man, I'm just feeling really bad.

To be honest, I thought I was kind of over it, but right now, I'm feeling like I've never been through it. For the first time I can actually think of reasons why I hate being gay. I feel like I'm now doubting everything I thought I knew about me.

I asked myself 'why me?'. I've thought it before, but when the question popped into my mind today it seemed to carry with it a way more intense feeling. Why? I just don't get it, and I hate it.

4. Nick07

Why? Because you were lucky? :slight_smile: I wouldn't trade it for being straight.

I think that you hate being excluded, not being gay. Are you out to them? Talking about girls doesn't differ that much from talking about boys.
    Do you know any gays in real life? Do you visit a lgbt center?

5. greyishercolour

Acceptance comes with time. Try to look at it as a part of you- you shouldn't hate yourself if you like to read, or play sports, or whatever hobbies you do have. And you shouldn't hate yourself for being gay. Don't think of it as something that sets you apart. Everyone is different, and it's just one of the things you may not have in common with your friends.

And if you can't get rid of that feeling though, then maybe just try changing the conversation???