1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some serious advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thtsjustme, Mar 4, 2014.

1. thtsjustme

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont know what to do my girlfriend is 16 and im 18 our pastor found out about our relationship and threatened to get the cops involved im suppose to stay away from her according to them but im in love with her her parents know about us and support us but not many other people know about us and we dont have anyone to go to ive been pushed out of my church and she is not sure who she is and her grades low so she is grounded and we cant see each other to talk about this and she is going to italy in two weeks for spring break i just want to know where we stand and what should i do cause i love her and dont want to lose her im just so confused on what the right thing to do is.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not having sex I don't see what the police would do about it..perhaps look at you a bit funny...but then it might be different where you are.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If her parents know about your relationship, and openly support it, there's not a lot that the pastor will be able to do outside of his parish (that I am aware of).

Don't worry. I think you'll be fine. :slight_smile:

Do her parents know about the pastor knowing? They might have something to say to him if he's threatening their daughter and her girlfriend.

Again, I'm 95% sure there's nothing that he or the police can do seeing as her parents approve of the relationship, but I don't know every law out there, especially ones specific to your area's jurisdiction.

4. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know the laws where you are, but at least in my area a 16yo and a 18yo can cause legal troubles if you actually have sex, as well as other places. A 18yo girl in Florida got arrested for having sex with her 14yo girlfriend.

Talk to her parents though, because they can definitely help with the police. And they might be able to help you figure out what's going on with her because they know her.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Florida, I believe that 16 and 18 is just fine.

Source:

6. thtsjustme

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean were not having sex but Im just afraid to lose her over this and i dont want the pastors to manipulate her to make her think that we cant or shouldnt be together.

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then dont go the church u normally go to ,get ur parents involved and her parents and get a restraining order against the pastor and dont have sex till u are legal age. nd go to a different church.

8. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and i didnt mention this but there is a lgbt church u guys can go to Holy Cross MCC in Pensacola, Florida . just search this church up nd go :slight_smile: