1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sacrificing one for the other?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TeePee, Mar 4, 2014.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello ladies and gents. I've been struggling with my college studies for a while now, mainly balancing working part-time and learning full time. Since late last year, when i started going to college, i've been working to earn money for tuition. I thought i'd tanked most of my courses/modules but it turned out that i only failed 1 out of 7....and it wasn't that badly because i'm not repeating the course, just writing a supplementary exam. At the beginning of this year i had no money for tuition that i only managed to pay a day before my studies were deferred to next year. So, to earn more money i worked more hours and lost out on some lectures. I've just signed up to work on weekends only since my fees have been paid up. Here is my problem, i have 2 tests coming up one tomorrow and the over one on thursday. Chances that i'll fail tomorrow's test are, i would say, very close to 100%(i haven't covered a third of the stuff). The thursdy test is on a core course on my degree program, which i'm good at and have a very high chance of passing if i put in a few more hours of study. This is what i was thinking. Should i spend too much time(i have 8 hrs left) studying for test 1 which i might still fail or concentrate more on the core course which i can easily ace. Your opinions would be appreciated.

2. KWDBM

This may be just my opinion, but I'd think you should study more/harder for the one you might fail. If you're good in a course and you know just a tad more studying will ace it, that's awesome. But there's not positive that you'll fail the other test, and sometimes cramming really does help. I personally wouldn't just give up on a test when I still have time to study.