1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anger Leads to...Well, I dunno. I don't know how it feels

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by drwinchester, Mar 5, 2014.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

So I guess this is something I didn't even think was a problem until recently. But I have loads of trouble feeling angry.

I'd always been lead to believe that being angry was something you had to avoid- like, it was the worst thing you could feel. But I dunno. I doubt anyone would care about changing their situation, making life better if anger wasn't something that could drive them to do so.

Sure, things piss me off. But the thing is, it's like I don't know how to handle feeling like that or how to express anger. I dunno. I just...fume. And it's frustrating as hell. I don't even know if being angry's truly beneficial anyway but I don't have the energy to get mad or even mildly frustrated- or at least be able to show it.

So, I dunno. Is it normal to feel like this?

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Of course it's normal. We're all human, but we process things differently. It's just extremely important that you know how to manage the anger well. Don't worry too much, we all feel like that sometime.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That's the thing. It's like, I feel angry and I really don't know what to do with it. Like, I can't express it or show it. Just kind of, you know, sits in there. And I don't know if that's normal.

4. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I assure you it's 100% normal. Next time, throw pillows around, write it down and crumble it up, take a nap, draw, or work out. Going for a jog is the best and putting in headphones. That always helps me relax. Just do something active so you won't sit there in your thoughts tensing up about stuff. Can I ask why you get so angry?

5. willycubed28

Yes, that is normal. I have felt the same thing for the past 7 years. Here though is a few things that have helped me.

1. Writing in a journal or just writing my feelings down. That way I am at least getting out my feelings.

2. Go to a gym or somewhere where I can just punch a punching bag. That way I am releasing my anger out on the punching bag and not anyone else even if they deserve it

3. Talk to a close friend and or family member when you are feeling angry. It helps sometimes to talk things out.

Anyway, those are the things that have helped me out in the past 7 years. Hope you discover something that works for you. Also the feeling of anger is a normal emotion and a normal feeling to have. Do not ignore it.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Just about things everyone does, you know? Like being insulted, being acted against, etc. I don't get angry. Just, depressed? Passive aggressive?

1. I'll try- don't really care for keeping journals though

2. Maybe. Need to work out anyway.

3. Eh. Maybe. Don't want to go with family. Friends, maybe.

7. willycubed28

Do whatever is going to work for you. If writing in a journal is not your thing then do not do it, or else it could leave you more frustrated and even more angry. Once you find something that helps you then stick with it, and you will feel better.

8. setnyx

walking helps me alot, can't wait for warm weather again. i used to bottle the anger but then the inevitable explosion would happen, then i'd get mad at myself for that. not good.