1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading "straight" guys

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Will2M, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Will2M

Hey everyone.

I am curious about how much I should read into physical contact and "straight" guys flirting. As in many high schools there is a close knit group of guys that are always screwing around, slapping butts etc. and the occasional hug. One of the guys I am into and he kinda flirts with me, winking, fake grabs at my junk and he also let's me hug him occasionally.

Should I be reading into that at all or is he really just confident in who he is and thinks we are friends? It would be helpful to know just how to understand his thought process so any insight you amazing people on this website can provide would be awesome. (BTW I tend to think any guy I am into is gay until I know he isn't, maybe not this best idea but it hasn't hurt me).

Thanks so much!!

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my friends and I have a relationship like that, and I had (ok, kinda still have) a crush on him. I came out to him but didn't tell him I like him. He's supportive but straight, and we're still friends. So I guess I misread his flirtiness, but like I said everything's still cool with us.

3. Will2M

Not ready to come out to anyone other than my best friend so... Guess I am kinda stuck. Wish I could just so it like you did.

4. Kreiger

I've got one friend who's bi, but the straight ones tend to be the most into hugs and jokingly creepy touching (massaging the shoulders after emerging from a shadowy corner, putting their hands over mine in a falsely romantic manner, etc.)

Point is it may just be an odd sense of humor thing. Also I have weird friends.