1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't find anyone HOT!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Karabeara, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Karabeara

As the title says I don't find guys or girls super hot. Sure I'll look at a girl and think she's really pretty I'd like to kiss her. Or look at a guy and think he's nice looking. But I never think oh my god they are soooo hot I want to be all over them right NOW. I'm 14 so I should be feeling like this about someone right? And no I'm not a-sexual but could I be Demi-sexual? I just don't get why I don't think like this like other teenagers. This makes me confused on wether I'm lesbian too. I think I might just need to have an ahha moment but I don't know. What do you guys think? Thanks.

2. ornoir29

I think you should give yourself a little time. At 14 I also didn't find anyone particularly attractive.

Things changed in time, quite a lot :slight_smile:

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

For some reason I didn't find anyone physically attractive until my late 20's....it could be legitimately attraction in your case, but in mine I believed it was sex-repulsion and not wanting to feel anything physical toward others. I just rejected that for the longest time until I got help. Now I know what my type is :slight_smile:

Maybe It'll take time?

4. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's perfectly normal not to want to have sex with people you don't really know yet. It's kind of weird to me that we need a separate term for that. I don't understand the people who do want to have sex with strangers. I objectively know that some girls are hot, but I don't want to sleep with them until we're friends. With guys I don't really see the hotness at all even, I just fall in love with personality traits and intellect and humor. Everyone's different.

5. Nikky DoUrden

Very true, I join this opinion :slight_smile:

Think of it as a blessing, you can focus on more important things like educationg and stuff rather than guys/girls :grin:

6. Awkward Balloon

Well there is nothing wrong with it. I'm sure you'll come around in time. As a fellow teenager, I feel extreme sexual attractions but it's not unknown to me that others just feel nothing.

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Demisexuality goes beyond not wanting to have sex with strangers - a demisexual doesn't even find strangers sexually attractive ('hot'). They feel essentially no sexual feelings for anyone unless they have an emotional connection with them. When they don't have that kind of emotional bond, they're essentially asexual.

8. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oops! I think I'm demisexual then

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By 14 I had had a total of one really bad crush. So it's not unlikely that you just haven't gotten there yet.

10. luckrunningout7

theres a demi-sexual category??? im so confused

11. KazTastic

Wow, I think that explains me a lot. I mean, I will look at someone (male, female, or non-binary), and think they look good, but not to the point of wanting to sleep with them over it.

12. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. It's categorizing on a different level than heterosexual/homosexual/bisexual.

Instead of talking about who you are or aren't sexually attracted to, it's a description of how this sexual attraction takes place. Essentially, most people can feel attracted to strangers (whether they'd act on this attraction or not) or can find attraction developing after an emotional bond has formed. In contrast, demisexuals only feel attraction if an emotional bond has formed.

Some people confuse demisexuality with the choice not to sleep with strangers, but being demisexual is about attraction, not actions. (Same as any other orientation.)

Since demisexuality refers to how the person feels attraction rather than who they're attracted to, a demisexual can also be heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual.