1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anxiety when seeing my bf...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lil legs, Mar 7, 2014.

1. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, so tomorrow I'm seeing my boyfriend again (YAY) but i'm really worried i might get quite bad anxiety like last time, the last time i saw him on the train to his and back and in the afternoon with him I felt like i was going to be sick and I wont even tell you what came out of my rear end on the train going down to his, that was leading up to our first kiss, but how do i stop my stomach spinning upside down this time, the day was perfect last time, but it's not great sitting by the toilet on the trains expecting to puke any minute.

2. StephenSC

I suffer anxiety at times as well, it makes it very difficult to go about living a full life when your afraid of that type of reaction. I'm glad it has not stopped you and hope it never does stop you from seeking happiness!

Sadly there isn't much sure-fire advice I can give you to help with it.

For some seeking professional help can provide a bit of relief. Having someone to talk through the things that concern you with and give you a better understanding of your feeling and their potential causes is a help. They may also be able to teach you some methods to help deal with feelings of anxiety or anxiety attacks.

Additionally a doctor may be able to provide you with an anti-anxiety medication. It's worth noting these having different effectiveness for different people, can take some time to start working and can often have side-effects. It can take along time to find the right dose and type for some people. Though with luck once on the right thing, they can provide prefect, side-effect free relief.

Though I don't think resorting to medication is always the best thing, for some people, sometimes they are needed. (I've personally used them in the past myself when going through difficult periods of time)

I'd also suggest talking over things you know are going to cause you anxiety with a close friend, often a fresh perspective or time thinking on these things really can help put your mind at ease. Lastly, as I believe in honesty and openness in a relationship I'd talk to your boyfriend about this issue.
    (If he's an amazing guy he'll support you. If not you may as well find out now, because you can do better!)
    He should be able to help you through it by taking a more "relaxed and reassuring" approach to your interactions. It's amazing how much just being told that everything is ok, and being reminded that your safe with someone can help.

I hope those few little things can at least help you a little a bit.
    I wish you all the best. Keep your chin up, your not alone!

3. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anxiety is the worse, trust me I too suffer with it like you guys do. Do not feel embarrassed, I am sure he understands :3

4. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my boyfriend is super caring, the last time i saw him before yesterday he was literally perfect when it came to talking to me about it, luckily yesterday I didn't really feel to bad, I think the last time was because it was leading up to our first kiss and that was really the start of our proper relationship, thanks for your responses though you 2, luckily for me i think the worst of it has passed when it comes to our relationshp which is awesome :grin:

5. StephenSC

He sounds like a keeper!

I'm glad to hear you think the worse is over. Just remember there is help out there should you ever feel you need it. There's a heap of people who go through the same think so no need to feel ashamed to ask for help about it.

All the best.