1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POLL: Would you think your daughter was a lesbian if...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by tsuke, Mar 8, 2014.

1. tsuke

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ...she had pictures of *exclusively* female singers on her walls? I'm dying to makeover my room and decorate it the way I want... right now the walls are completely empty. I was thinking of starting with just a few pictures of popstars that I'm obsessed with which are only girls, have it near my bed and if that doesn't spark any questions, keep going until my entire room is nearly covered. Back when I was in elementary school and my biological mother was alive she always asked me if I was gay because I only had pictures of girls from disney channel on my walls and I just didn't know what to say really (my dad didn't know about this). I'm just really uncomfortable with the thought of my parents asking who they are and if I have no pictures of guys or boy bands in my room at this age (I'm 14) then it's going to be a dead giveaway... I've been conflicted w this issue for years now and my room is just so boring and no one will be able to tell what my interests are? But my dad would know that I'd obviously been staring at them in "that" type of way since he's always coming in my room and it just makes me cringe to think about him having an idea I'm lesbian. And my stepmom would probably stop talking to me altogether cause she already thinks I'm trash, it's not like I'd care anyway. They would never be accepting which is why I'm trying to keep this secret.

So I'm just wondering... would you begin to get any ideas or think nothing of it? Or I mean what should I even do about this, I don't plan on coming out to them until I'm at least in my 20's/30's... or hopefully never :bang:

2. sharkpool

if you are 14 and you put pictures of pop stars on your walls, i would not think you were a lesbian. i would think they are your idols / role models and you look up to them. if you are worried about your dad asking, you could always tell him they are your favourite singers and blah blah blah. i wouldn't think it's weird at all

---------- Post added 8th Mar 2014 at 10:01 PM ----------

p.s.: i'm older than you and i have nothing on my wall but a poster of lady gaga and another of ellen page LOL :wink:

3. ThePhoenix

I would just assume you admire them or enjoy their music. I had a few in my room at your age, it was mostly a mixture though, but then I just hung up posters in frames I had Britney Spears and Aaron Carter in my room for the longest time.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every 14 year old guy I know had posters of dudes on the walls and nobody thought they were gay...

5. Emulator

Not necessarily. All parents are different, but most of the time parents would not usually consider the homosexual option for their child, unless they are supportive of it themselves. They would be more likely to think that you like the singers as role models. Maybe you could go ahead with one or two discreet ones, if you're unsure. :slight_smile:

6. apostrophied

As long as they are not naked (or almost naked), I'd say you're good to go. :grin:

7. IsThisAName

Not at all. A few years ago I had nothing but Lady Gaga posters on my wall and my parents thought nothing of it (at the time I really just thought I was straight anyway, so it had nothing to do with my sexual orientation, I just like music, like you! :slight_smile:). It's totally normal for girls to love pop music/singers, I'm sure they wouldn't think anything of it! :slight_smile:

8. Yosia

No not really~ everyone has role models etc. so use that excuse, I used to have a Yohio poster and noone said anything~ like apostriphied said, as long as they arent naked/semi naked then noone should think otherwise ^^

9. That's totally normal. As long as they aren't in really sexualized poses, they shouldn't become suspicious.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That's kind of an odd thing to think....I mean, I'm gay but I've only had pictures of male singers on my wall, and that's because I've loved them/admired their music. Even with the female singers I love, I don't really have "crushes" on any of them.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Use the "One Direction" fakeout.

Put a picture of them on the wall if you REALLY think you will be called on it (which you won't), but a boy band would be a good red herring anyways.

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't think you're a lesbian just based on pictures. As mentioned, I'd also think they're your idols/rolemodels