1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a bunch of help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by OneProblem, Mar 9, 2014.

1. OneProblem

Saskatchewan ____________________ eheh get it? ;D
    Okay I'm new here but here goes. Sorry if this gets long but I have absolutely no idea where to turn to.

I'm in grade 10 and I am insanely shy. I'm not open about being gay with anyone either and I cannot talk to people for the life of me. I do not know everyone in my school either so it just makes it that much more difficult. Also this is about my secret crush too so bear with me.

I noticed him on the second day or so and I had a super huge crush since then. I haven't really talked to him. (too shy ;w:wink: I don't know if he is straight, bi or gay so go me. We've exchanged glances every now and then and sorry if this is kind weird to say on here or if it's breaking a rule of some sort but I've actually seen him with a boner a few times, which is really weird for me to say -.-. But whenever he has had one, he has looked up from it and saw me looking at him and then we look at each other but then I always get too shy and look away as fast as I can. Also another time I was leaning against the wall and he was sitting down and I just saw him looking at me, and then he saw me looking at him and the same thing happened. :bang: So it's sort of like off and on but I seriously like him. I don't know anybody though so it would be weird to just go up and talk to him. I know he has a facebook but I think that would be even weirder because he would know I've been looking at his file.

So basically just look at me. I've got all the problems that are stopping me from this and it sucks. So I would ask you guys to please help me figure out a solution to this, and also PLEASE do not just say talk to him because you have no idea how hard that is for me.

And finally sorry if this is hard to read, I'm actually even super nervous about posting this.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, a big welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    You're post was great, no need to be worried at all (you didn't break any rules and it was very easy to read)

Hmm. It's really hard to get anywhere when you've only got glances to work with. What I would ask you is why are you shy? It might be difficult, but if you can somehow manage to talk to other people a bit more it will do you worlds of good. It could just be as simple as sitting next to him one day, or smiling and saying hi to him, or asking him for help with a maths question or other school work. You just need to be brave.

Once you get a few chances to talk to him, just keep getting closer to him and get to know him. You'll then get a better idea of whether he likes you in that was or not.

Good luck, and post back with any updates :slight_smile:

3. OneProblem

Well the main reason I am shy is mostly because I don't know anybody. Also I do love the advice but I forget to mention in the post and I wish that I could edit it in but I will just explain it here. I was only in one of his classes last term and I'm not even in any this year so it's sort horrible for now. Although this is the case I will try and be brave enough if anything does happen. Thank you!

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also had a big crush on a guy around the same time. He was a brother of a friend in my grade, and I had started crushing on him around 8th grade. I never used to see him, so my crush was brief until 10th grade (he was a senior then) and we were both in the school orchestra. Like you, I was very shy with him and just kept with glances. Eventually, I did try to make a move, but it turned out he didn't have the same feelings. Even though that was sad for me, I did feel that I had no choice but to try and take the risk.

My advice for you is to first try to get to know this guy as just a friend. That way, you can get a better idea of him and see if he seems to be interested in you. Remember, when you have a crush, your mind can play tricks on you, twisting any eye contact into something more than it really is.

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, and don't worry - the longer and more detailed you are, the better we can understand and try to help.

I wouldn't read too much into the eye contact. I know what you're talking about, and that has happened countless times with me and straight guys.

Instead of focusing on getting to know him, I think you should focus on getting to know everybody. :slight_smile: Just be friendly to everyone. I've been put in a lot of new classrooms with strangers this first year of college, and my tactic is to always be humorous in the classroom. People feel more relaxed around you, and then you can talk to them.

It's an acquired skill, and as you are in the situation more and more, you'll pick it up. It took me until mid-junior year to really develop my social skills, and I'm still a quiet person until I know someone.
    There's NO hurry! You've got plenty of time.

While you develop more socially, keep using EC. You'll learn a lot about how people think and respond to things, which is great knowledge to have moving forward in life.

See you around EC!

6. OneProblem

Thanks for the help guys. I'll work more on my social skills hopefully in time for when i see him again.

7. OneProblem

Hi guys me again. Not very good news though lol.

So I saw him in the hall and I was walking by his locker and I tried to say hi but when I tried it got stuck up in my throat so that sucks. :frowning2: He wasn't by any of his friends either so it wouldve been perfect. Darn me!!

8. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happens. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Don't sweat it. There's no reason to hurry this.

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Next time, just fall down near him and pretend you're chocking. Then, he'll have to rescue you. You can tell him that your heart got stuck in your throat...

Okay, so that's not a good idea, but it sounds like a great TV episode! :lol:

10. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwww. That's actually really cute how nervous you are.
    Don't worry, you'll get another chance :slight_smile:

11. OneProblem

Thanks for the help guys! I'll try and keep you updated if anything happens. Which is hopefully maybe will... but for now, I'll see you on other places on the forums!

12. OneProblem

Hello guys, so its been a while nothing much has went down because I'm to shy to talk still. Sadly, I found out that I am moving in the near summer so thats a bummer. Hopefully I get the courage in the coming months to talk to him and hopefully he'll try and get to know me better. I haven't thought about him lately because I'm so busy with my school but I'm trying. I found out kind of which ways he goes from class to class so I'll probably just say hi one day when we're walking by on the stairs but for now I will leave you guys with this quick update! :grin:

13. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep it up! Try and talk to him if you can :slight_smile: