1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't see anyone but her...wish it was reciprocated

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jdodge123, Mar 10, 2014.

1. jdodge123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have been with the same girl for over 3 years now...lately things have been really rough and I am having serious thoughts of splitting up...I had her phone sitting next to me and she was asleep...it went off and I looked at it...the message said "painfully gorgeous"... it was from a male friend of hers...I responded "what?" And he said " I was responding to your text that said Ariana Is gorgeous"... I was crushed... hurt beyond belief...she erased the text messages so I wouldn't see them...to top it all off the female she was talking about was a girl she messed around with who I am jealous of..and who she tells me she isnt interested in... she also says that "Ariana isnt a lesbian"...which makes me wonder if she was...would my girlfriend pick her over me?.I am so hurt all I can do is cry. ..I feel ugly and betrayed...please help me...

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) Don't worry! It's absolutely normal for people in a relationship to still find other people attractive, but she's with you for a reason. My parents talk about other people they find attractive all the time, and so do my bf and I.

Honestly, it really depends on the people in the relatoinship. Some people feel comfortable with their significant other talking about others they find attractive, and others don't. Both are normal, but this is something that you need to discuss with your girlfriend. We're not her, so we can't tell you what your girlfriend would do.

Talk to your girlfriend! Explain your feelings to her, explain your concerns, and explain it all calmly. The worst thing you can do is be angry with her.

It sounds like your sadness is stemming from things your girlfriend hasn't even said; they're just things that you're speculating. Don't assume anything without communicating with your girlfriend. Communication is key.

Let us know what's up. :slight_smile: