1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where would you go if you're in my position?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Mar 11, 2014.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im sorry to come up here AGAIN, but Im having a little problem and somethings had changed with my situation that is because of my job.

Im so stuck right now! I'll be 23 by the end of this month. My parents are devout jehovahs witness They already know Im gay, I came out to my family in high school! However my parents REALLY disapprove and even said that they would never accept me but time went on, they tend to ignore it now. Though it seems my dad accepted me not wanting to be a JW anymore. However I have to live by their rules which I respect but I need to be me for once.

These are the rules I CANT do if you arent aware of JWs 141 Things Jehovah Witnesses Can't Do
    I would say 95-98% of the things on this list are true. But if I continue to live in their house I cant do these things. Mentally I really cant take it!
    Thats another long story but im NOT going there.

My dad tells me that I need to really be out on my own, which I agree and he suggest that I live with my sister and her family and live my life and I told my parents and my sister that I would move in with my sister.

However my only sister (older 26) accepted me HOWEVER her attitude and her personality even though she is accepting my sisters personality can be as worse than my parents, shes loud on the phone loud in general, she fusses and argues and she kind of manipulates too and she asks me for money. Not to mention her daughter, my niece is rude and has a smart mouth though she will be 6 soon deep DEEP down I care about her but most of the time I want to kick her down the stairs. Plus she gets sick ALL the time vomits everywhere, (she is sick right now believe it or not with a virus) Not to mention my sister told me that she is pregnant again after I told her that I would move in and will be due in April of this year. She told me in January, Im happy for her, at the same time Im not because she tells me at the last minute.

I would like to have an apartment on my own or live with a roommate but I just cant afford to live on my own now. I work part time for the job I work for 2 years however I was transferred to another store because the store that I originally worked at closed down, and this new store im working at now pays me between $125-$150 every 2 weeks unlike the other store working part time I would get between $350-$380 every 2 weeks. My days were longer at the other store though I only worked 3 days a week, this store (same company I work now has me working 2 days a week each shift 4 hours long. Im also am in school right now too.

To be honest financially its not really wise for me to move in with my sister, however I already told them that I was coming. But I didnt know the job I was working for arent going to give me anymore hours they cant. My manager who I get along with let me take some hours last weekend but she said that she would if she could but she cant. Plus we're overstaffed.
    The best thing I can think of is if I switch, live with my sister for a few days then live with my parents house for 2 days. I really don't have any friends here to have as roommates. I really REALLY wouldn't consider finding a roommate on craigslists its just I dont trust it at all..... OR to really swallow my pride and right now find me a real job that would offer me an hourly rate at $10+ an hour and move out with hopefully a friend I could be roommates with. and if I do get a job move out in the summer time. I thought about working as a receptionist at an office job something like that or to just be a typer that types files.

However my sister and her boyfriend (her bf is cool by the way) moved out of their 3 bedroom apartment to move into my sisters boyfriends brothers house which has 4 bedrooms, that way everybody has a room so I would get my own room, but now I'm starting to have second thoughts moving in with them. I really need to tell my parents that Im not getting paid like how I was last year. I do have $7,000 saved up, but where I live that would be gone in a "heartbeat"! Its getting expensive here all of a sudden! Im really supposed to be moving out at the end of this week or next week, when my sisters boyfriends brother leaves for ST. Louis.

I know I'm going to have to choose but Im stuck I need advice. I have a job but Im going to have to have 2 jobs its no option whether I live at my sisters my own or if I will be staying with my parents. I have one now but like I said its nothing but chump change now. I wish the store that I worked at didnt close but the family of the grocery store were going through hard times so they had to close down 2 of their stores so now there is just 1 now.

I really need to tell my parents about my job and how I don't get paid as much like I use to anymore. I thought that my job would give me more hours but they can't!

Where should I go? 1) Should I swallow my pride and stay with my parents a little bit longer to find a real job and when I get a real job with good hours that I will know that I will stay at, then move out and find a roommate or my own studio apartment?

2)Should I move into my sisters place right now even though I know that Im not being paid like I use too and know that I really cant pay no more than like 1 or 2 bills with her having a new born and her on maternity leave and her boyfriend who is also in school that has 3 jobs?

OR 3) like I said to be the "swing" meaning going back and forth to both my sister and parents house. I could stay at my sisters house for a few days help clean the house and with my nieces, and stay with my parents for 2 days, and pay maybe one bill at my sisters place or at least pick up my older niece from school.

My parents say that they would help me but only just a little bit because they're going through financial troubles as well and are preparing to get back on track to be financially healthy! In logic it wouldn't really make any sense to stay with my sister and having my parents to help pay my bills when I could stay with them a little bit longer. Even though I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get out of here. Life is complicated:bang:

I know I cant have my cake and eat it too but I need some direction to follow. Where would you go if your in my position?
    Sorry if this is long I appreciate it though:slight_smile:

2. Nick07

Number 1.

What I don't understand is that you don't seem to like your sister, her daughter and the fact that she is pregnant, but you are considering moving in with her family. There would be so many opportunities to quarrel, to not feel welcomed, and for your sister to regret that she offered (did she really?) you the bed in her house. I think that it would hurt all the people involved.