1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Mistake

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by fairyprincess, Mar 11, 2014.

1. fairyprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I made the mistake of telling a friend of mine that I'm bisexual, and the response I got was exactly what I'd feared... He said that it was just a phase, and that I'll deny it in a couple years, etc. etc. hearing stuff like that makes me hate myself. I don't want to be the stereotypical experimental teenage girl. It was so embarrassing. It's been stressful enough trying to understand how I feel and accept it, but this only made it worse. I don't know how to react.ninjust told him that he was probably right and left it at that.

2. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First of all, congrats on being able to come out to him! A similar incident happened to me when I came out to one of my ex best friends. He asked me if I was sure about ten times, then questioned me and came up with the conclusion that I am a lesbian... For about a week and a half, he talked to me like an acquaintance, needless to say that bothered me. After that, he just stopped talking to me completely. During this time, he was on the same bus as me, but did not communicate with me. He used to go on my bus, but stopped about a month ago. He doesn't talk to me anymore. I look at the situation as his loss, not mine.

You coming out to him wasn't a mistake. If he thinks otherwise and doesn't have the capacity to accept you for who you truly are, then he doesn't deserve your friendship.

3. lovely lesbian

I agree coming out him wasn't a mistake it's his loss and if he can't accept you then that is his problem and clearly isn't your friend because he doesn't deserve to be.