1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lurie Children's Transgender Program

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Galah2, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Galah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey all, so I got into a fight with my parents again, regarding my gender expression. I was born female, but identify as male. Basically, we argued for a long time but afterwards we had THE most informative talk we've had since I came out. I told them why I feel this way, how they can help, etc etc. The next day while I was at school, my mom called several therapists, specifically for gender. She also researched the Lurie Children's Hospital's Transgender program. I know my parents aren't very accepting, so I'm afraid they may have chosen a more "close-minded" program. I haven't been able to dig up much about the program in the way of testimonials, so I was wondering if anybody here has used or heard of this program, and if its any good?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :O There's a Lurie Children's Transgender program?! I've been a Children's patient for nearly all my life and not once has my hepatologist told me this, not even when I came out to her.

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone