1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u have faith that u can do something that`s difficult?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rosepetal, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im having doubts about myself bc my mom thinks a dyscaulic cant go to nursing idk what to think. have u ever had doubts?

2. Kreiger

Oh I've definitely had doubts. About lots of things. How to talk to certain people, if I can get good enough grades, what I want to do with my life, where I want to go to college, excreta. But if nursing is really what you want to do, being dyscaulic won't stop you from being a nurse, as long as your effort and resolve is strong enough. Humankind has made some of its greatest accomplishments when at a disadvantage.
    Besides, nursing definitely isn't all numbers. Being skilled enough in medical knowledge and dedicated to your patients is what's most important.

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you :slight_smile:

4. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Doubts are our greatest enemy, they birth fear.
    I have had many doubts in the past couple of months, but... support from family, friends, co-workers have elevated me above those doubts, and my own personal drive to go above and beyond the doubt, regardless of what other may think.
    Never think a "disorder" will hold you back, because when you do, you lose and it wins. Having a disorder... isn't a bad thing... it's a challenge, a challenge issued by a higher power saying to you "I know you can do this, I know your ability is so great I need to handicap you somehow"

I have dyslexia and I don't let it stop me in my day-to-day routines and work. I handle inventory and scheduling for two places. Do I mess up? Occasionally, but I would like to think that anyone else in my position would too.

5. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thnk you :slight_smile: and my bf said that also :slight_smile:

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dyscalculia has almost no affect on nursing beyond your ability to determine if you deliver the right amount of medication. If that's a problem for you then that might be a setback due to the responsibility of your job.

But are you asked to like find the cosecant of the inverse tangent of 4.45 radians? Or integrate x - 45x?

No.

But have faith in yourself. My college professors said I'm brilliant but have very little self confidence and at the time that was 110% true.

But I matured in the real world and also took karate which boosted my self confidence like no other situation.

So it takes self worth which don't ever let anyone crush on you... including yourself.

Like L'Oréal, you're worth it.

7. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Dyscalculia or not I couldn't even find that answer lol

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neither can I but I just slapped a series of trigonometric functions together to illustrate the absurdity of some math that 99.999% of the world would never use nor would a nursing student ever have to study.

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank u :slight_smile:

10. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an autistic person going into psychology. I say, don't put limits on yourself. Just try your best and see if you can do it.

11. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    do u mind if i ask is it hard to talk to ppl about these kinds of struggles?

12. Sarcastic Luck

You'll need a minimum knowledge of algebra in order to deal with the chemistry course(s) and the math needed for the dosage classes for nursing school. So, if you have issues with algebra, then yes, that could pose a problem.

13. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i dont have issues with it i just get confused sometimes.

14. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I'm unsure what sort of relationship you have with your mother, but I would go into nursing, to prove her wrong :slight_smile: show her you'll not be held back by some sort of "disability"

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you ur a nice girl :slight_smile: but what would u do if u have been procrastinating something awful like math?