1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be independent but am I doing something stupid

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Mar 13, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I want to move out of my parents house and I'm currently saving money for it but my dad's cousin wants to take me in for my schooling where I would get free schooling and be able to live with her . My home life is very abusive and i'm thinking it's a great opportunity but I don't want it at the same time my dad's cousin drinks a lot and when I say a lot I mean a lot she's nice but she can get angry when she doesn't get her fix .
    I want to live on my own because most of my life I've been forced to live like a child by my controlling parents even though I'm 25 my parents treat me like I'm 13 years old . I know it's selfish and stupid but I don't want to live under someone's roof again I don't want to be treated like a child anymore I want to live like my actual age and not like a child I want to experience adult live I know it will be hard for me but i think it would be much better also I'm tired of living in the closet I don't want to wait til I'm 30 years old to be my true self
    Plus my dad cousin was talking about picking up guys and all that stuff and I don't wanna be with guys . I want to tell her but she has a bad habit of telling people's secrets when drunk and I don't want her to tell my parents I want to be the one to tell them .
    Am I wrong for wanting to be independent ?

2. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just keep saving and moving forward. If things are abusive and you are not happy then you need to move on and be independent. You are just thinking maturely in my opinion.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks I know life would be harder this way for me and I'll probably have to go to school on Saturdays only but i think I will be much happier than I am now

4. superchicken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hello,

i think you are saving yourself a lot of headache by skipping your aunt's offer. plus you two haven't lived in one roof, so you don't really know how she is privately. for all you know, you might be just trading one bad situation for another.

you seemed determined to live on your own, and i honestly i think it is a good choice to go out on your own. how would you go about making it happen? do you have enough for a deposit? does your job pay enough to pay for rent, utilities, gas, and food?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't have enough money right now but I plan on getting a higher paying job and saving some money I'm also gonna get a separate saving account so my parents can't see my money I'm planning to go to the bank to do that . My current job doesn't pay enough for utilities , gas, and food I can barely feed myself with my pay or buy clothes .

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i actually agree ur saving urself alot headache :slight_smile:

7. Meagan

I can't tell you what you want, but I think you want to move out. I get why your having a hard time just admitting to yourself that this is what you want (currently in a similar situation right now)... you feel some weird sense of security with your abusers (like, shit can't get worse sort of security) but living your own life will make you feel so much better. I'd suggest moving out and finding a room mate, so you can have some one that you can be completely honest with from the start (which yes, means telling them that your a lesbian before they move in). After living with someone for a few years maybe you'll be secure enough to live completely on your own. If anything, try to et out of your current situation.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I need to get out of there as well it' s way I'm saving up as best as I can but if it takes to long I'm moving in with my friends