1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to approach a straight girl that I like?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AnonymousUser, Mar 14, 2014.

1. AnonymousUser

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ugh, such a complicated question. So, I currently like this girl, but she's straight. She's practically perfect but seems far too normal to be harboring any feelings for me. However, instead of ignoring this like I've done with other crushes on my straight friends, I want to try at least a little this time. I want to get her honest opinion on the matter first... I kind of want to ask an anonymous question on her ask.fm about her opinion on gay marriage, just to get her thinking, then I'll talk to her in person one day. What do ya'll think?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, let's get this right -
    You want to approach a straight girl and try to date her? Or you want to get her thoughts about gay marriage and then come out to her?

It sounds to me like you're trying to date her, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense.
    Just requesting clarification.

3. AnonymousUser

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I like her. I know many people who claim to be straight (such as myself) but they turn out to be gay or bisexual. I have a crush on this girl who claims to be straight; she's my friend, so I want to tell her. I'm wondering how to get info on her opinion of LGBT topics first. She could like me back and I wouldn't even know.

4. fairyprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think the ask.fm idea is brilliant. I'd reccomend asking specifics on what you want to know, i.e. "Do you think you could ever be open to liking a girl?" It won't hurt anyone, especially if she's cool. Best of luck!

5. sharkpool

i think it is a great idea!!!!!!!!

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, well it should be relatively simple to get her opinion on the matter.
    If you two talk about current events whenever you hang out, perhaps just mention a recent LGBT issue and see what she thinks about it.
    Based on that, you can come out to her and then she'll know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. fortheloveoflez

I think you can approach her as you can do with any one. Just be very polite and if she says no you need to accept that. Tell her that you think she is a wonderful woman and that you would be very flattered to take her out to a movie or some thing like that...if she responds angrily by saying some thing like "ew I'm not a lesbo, that's disgusting"....then that's not your problem. Ideally you both should respect each others feelings. That's the bottom line.

Take it from my experience, honesty is key.