1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this might be very long but i really need help with my friend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TB8, Mar 14, 2014.

1. TB8

TB8

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay I know im gonna sound like a jerk for this but I cant take my supposedly goth friend I don’t hate her but its just well let me start from the beginning a lot of people they do not like (lets call her J) J they always said she was a wannabe goth and she wasn’t really goth shes just pretending well I didn’t know her so I didn’t say anything and I was like maybe she is goth? Maybe shes just being judge for no reason? Well I met her in my 6th period she had blonde hair didn’t wear any makeup so she just wore black that’s it I became her friend I mean she look like a normal person I didn’t really care if she was goth or not well months past by and she dye her her completey black I mean im okay that she wanted to make a change and I won’t judge her for that so I was alright about it days past by and aug I just couldn’t take it anymore! Shes always and I mean always talking about bands,she thinks boys like Marilyn manson and the jeff the killer are adorable,shes always talking about being goth and that you need to put your full heart into being goth and stuff like that,she gets mad that were completey different its just half of time when shes talking about a “hot guy” im like who’s that she gets frustrated like “how can you not know him god! were so different you need to listen to some sleeping sirens or blood on the dance floor or something!” (hey im sorry but but I just don’t like songs like that sometimes I do but not a daily thing),okay she does not like anything that is part of happiness one time I was talking about smiles or something she said to stop talking about smiles cause its annoying (she smiles everyday) I ask her why she thinks its annoying she said because it just was,and this is the most annoying part shes always pretending to be oh I don’t know she’ll pretend that she can hear voices In the classroom or shes like tell people she can look through their souls and she saids when she goes in the sun it burns her,also if im ever sad she laughs at my problems and just not caring she doesn’t like me saying that I feel like dying or anything like that but she always saying she wishes someone would shoot her and kill her and my problems aint nothing funny eitherits just mostly how my dad or mom tell me homophobic thing and start saying im doing a sin or might hit me or yell at me and she starts laughting,one time I started cutting cause I couldn’t take the homophobia so she notice the cuts she didn’t ask me about it but she told like my entire group of friends and she also the type of person if you tell her someones mad at you she just go up infront of them and ask them why without your permission, well that’s all but I don’t know I still want to be her friend but I just cant take it! I feel horrible thinking like this cause I never judge someone and I don’t want to like today she came to school with bright red lipstick and black eyelinear like really black wearing all black cloths and black boots like kina like army boots but black ca someone help me? I really don’t want to think like this and im not perfect either I mean I dress like a boy I like imagation like stuff that don’t exist or isn’t real like my little ppony pokemon anything batman I like learning about characters that fake like sonic and Mario im just a type of person that live in a world of wonder in my head with imagery friends (yes im a freak) i just really like cartoons i guess you could say that has to do with things that dont exist i dont really like realistic things and Im always laughting like all the time and smileing but please someone help me?i don’t know what to do

#1 TB8, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, it sounds like you two are growing up and your personalities are developing. She's more interested in the "dark" and "gothic" side of things and you're not as much.

You're an awesome friend for not wanting to judge her, but if you really don't like what she's getting into, or you don't like what she's becoming, then you don't have to be as close of friends with her.
    That's part of getting older - losing and gaining friends because people change so rapidly.

I can think of at least three people that I was great friends with in school, and then in middle school when we started forming our own personalities, I stopped hanging out with them due to me not liking what they were becoming.

It seems rude to not like what someone is or what they are becoming, but it's part of every day life.

Again - I'm not suggesting that you have to stop being friends with her, but if you don't like what she's becoming, you don't haveto be as good of friends with her.

Also - I recommend you start using periods in your sentences. They make your text blocks much easier to read.

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

she sounds more "emo" then "goth" to me, I was a goth in high school, and I know from the outside they seem the same, but... Emos are more typical to hurt themselves physically because of their "world", while goths are hurting because of the world... Idk if that makes sense but... I tried.
    but no type of friend, regardless of the clique should ridicule another friend... honestly it sounds like she does this to try and use you as a stepping stone to make others think that you're worse then she is.

4. TB8

TB8

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yeah thanks for the advice TJ :slight_smile: and sorry for not putting periods i was kinda in a rush because i really needed help and Plenilune yeah i sometimes shes emo too and there have been times when i felt like she thinks im worse then her but thanks for the advice! :slight_smile:

5. TB8

TB8

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well can i ask would you guys still be friends with her?

6. WhyteWind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. Please use periods >< it almost gave me a head ache.

It sounds like pretty standard teenager fare. She sounds like she's too obsessed in her own world. I know people who act/dress like that who were only entirely engrossed into their personal problems. They like to magnify issues or even create problems because... teenage logic (they love drama in life). I think it's quite selfish of her to be so engrossed in her own drama to laugh at your problems (probably because she thinks she has it SO much worst). Problem is that they don't realize that everybody have problems that should be worked out. Idk her situation so she may has it worse or not (I know people who act like that with legit family issues or ones who act like that in a relatively healthy family lol). But eventually they get over it. Trust me, a lot of my friends use to be apart of the whole "emo scene" but they grow out of it and usually end up really nice.

So I guess try to talk to her that you're okay with her having problems in her life and it's okay to be upset. Tell her you're not gonna be nosy in her business (actually do this) and you just want to be respected as a friend. Tell her that you also respect her as a person and does not judge her but only dislikes her mean comments directed toward YOU. Tell her everybody has different issues/interests and if she wants you to respect hers, she must respect yours. Also tell her that everyone has problems that need to be solved/taken seriously regardless of severity/relevance.

Nobody's perfect. She is kinda typical teenage fare but sounds like she just needs to learn to give basic respect to her friends who are different from her. If she cannot do that, then she isn't worth your time until she changes for the better.

Oh and Blood on the Dancefloor is a terrible influence. The main lead is a sex-offense criminal and their songs are all about violence, disrespect, drugs, and other illegal acts. The only thing good about them is that they look good with make up on. Hopefully she grows out of it.

7. TB8

TB8

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well shes has a healthy life she has those type of parents that wont judge her for whatever she is shes also doesnt have problemss with her parents she loves them very much , and i will try to talk to her this monday i just couldnt take it! but im just wondering if you had a friend like this would you still be friends with them?

#7 TB8, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  8. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I don't believe I would continue being friends with her.

I wouldn't cut her off or be rude, I just wouldn't hang out with her as much.
    When friends start causing me unneeded and unnecessary stress, I usually don't hang out with them as much because it takes a lot of time to maintain those relationships.
    I'm not talking about if a friend gets sick and I need to take care of them; I'm talking about if a friend is being rude, isn't considerate of my feelings, is getting themselves into very bad situations, etc.

That's my thinking on the matter, but I'm very conservative with who I hang out with.
    Other people, such as you, may be more willing to dedicate the time and energy required to manage the stress created in those friendships, but I would rather focus on my boyfriend, school, work, and the community than just one person. I'm fairly utilitarian.

Anyway - my two cents. :grin:

9. katwat

Your friend wants you to respect her choices, show interest in the things she is interested in, and support her. She also wants to disrespect your choices, berate you for your interests, and laugh at you when you need support.

I think you need to ask yourself if that really makes her your friend. If you still want to be friends with her then you need to ask yourself why. What is there in this friendship for you? Are you staying friends because you use to have fun and be close? Is it out of guilt? Are you afraid of losing other friends if you drop her? Why are you staying friends with someone who upsets you so much?

It really sounds like you are growing apart and that you might be better to just let it happen. If she were to ask why you are spending less time with her you could tell her that when she laughs at your pain it makes you question why you bother being around her at all.

Hang with other friends more for a while and just see what happens. I imagine you will be less stressed and find life a whole lot more enjoyable without this girl putting you down.

10. WhyteWind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. Do this. If she really values you as a friend she'll consult you and ask etc. She may come around it eventually and become more approachable then. Most people would normally just walk away from the friendship you have now. But since I'm a loyal person, I would have that talk I suggested first and try to work it out with her. If she still doesn't respect me, then that's when I would quit or distance myself away from her slowly.