1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm terrified and confused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SalsaSauce, Mar 15, 2014.

1. SalsaSauce

I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend. I don't necessarily regret it, but it was poorly timed and stupid to do. Why? There was no protection used. The reason there wasn't? We honestly didn't plan on having sex, but that isn't really a viable excuse. We should have stopped as soon as we started getting more...out of control.

But we didn't. And now? Well, I'm scared that there's a chance I may be pregnant.
    While I did take the morning after pill almost immediately after, we ended up doing it again. And he came inside me. Again. I know, really stupid. Please don't berate me, I'm already beating myself up.

The real issue is my mother. She knew already, so I decided to confirm my lack of a virginity. She then said that we have to go to a free lab/clinic to get some blood work done to see if I am pregnant. If not, then it's off to the gyno for a pap-smear (can't be too careful with STDs).

I am terrified of what the test will say. What is it's positive? My dad doesn't know anything right now. I don't plan on telling him even though my mom is pushing me to do so. But if I'm pregnant...I'll have to tell him. My boyfriend, who we'll call Jay, says he'll help me - take care of me, but...he lives with his family still. On top of that, he's still looking for another job - he's with the military and goes for drill one weekend out of the month. Yes, my mom says that my family will be there for me to help until I can get on my feet, but...I can't stay. I can't.

Honestly? If I'm pregnant, I'm going to run. that's my plan anyways. I'm going to run away and start new...with a baby. But I don't know where to go or how far I'll make it. This plan probably wouldn't work.

What am I supposed to do?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Listen don't run. K I know alot of people that thought they knew it all being a young parent without any help but really u need to just stay with your family. Plus u know your lucky u still have your bf i mean my cousin got pregnant and she has a 1 year old daughter and she's 20. She's raising that baby all on her own an thought she knew the world but she couldn't she asked for help and got it and now she's back on her feet with everything good to go. So please just stay with your fam for a little while after u have the baby.

3. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Keep CALM, that's the best thing to do right now. The results are not out yet. You are overthinking this. And come to think of it, you have ALL the support you needed. Based on what you said your mother and even your boyfriend is telling you that they will be there for you.... There's no use running away, it will not solve any problem at all.

In the meantime, TAKE IT EASY... BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT... Shall you have any other lingering worries, keep on posting here and for sure you'll get a lot of support as well.

TAKE CARE and Keep us posted, OK?

4. katwat

One of the big lessons I have learned in life is to never make hasty decisions based on fear or anger. Take a deep breath. Wait for the tests. Do not panic over an unanswered question. You may be worrying for no reason. If you are not pregnant then use this fear as a lesson and never go without protection again. You will have had a scare that works for you.

If it turns out that you are pregnant then you have to stop for a bit and take time to really think. There are options. Lots of them. They include abortion, giving the baby up for adoption, or raising a baby. You probably have a bit of time to think things through and make the best choice for you and your circumstances.

The very last thing you should be thinking of doing right now is running away. If you are pregnant then and you chose to keep the baby then you need to stop thinking in terms of "I" and start thinking more of "WE" or even better thinking of what is best for the baby. A runaway on the street has very little to offer a baby. You have no home, no regular source of food, no reliable access to health care, and practically no options. All of those things are of immense importance to raising a healthy happy baby.

Stop the panic. Wait for the tests. Think. Plan. Decide. Deal.

Good luck.