1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BibidiBobidi, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BibidiBobidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Em...Hello, my name is Marina and i'm 16 years old...
    Well i don't really know what I am...I mean i think i'm some kind of a lesbian but i never had that kind of relationship with girls before.
    I had a few relationships with boys but i never liked them and i came to the conclusion that i only see them as friends.
    I used to like many male actors but i lost my interest about a year ago...and i started looking at female actresses instead and i keep wondering about having a relationship with girls.
    well i never had sex and i don't know if i want to do that with a woman...
    i'm just really confused...:icon_redf:confused:

2. farmgirl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, glad you posted here! Its okay to be confused. Is there a councelor at school you can talk too? They would probably be more help than me but I think that if you are wondering there is a good chance you aren't totally straight. There isn't a rush to run out and figure things out. Its okay to sit with it a while. I am just coming to acknowledge that I'm gay but I've been married for the last 20plus years so you are way ahead of me. I wasn't brave enough to face things before now.

3. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome!

The most important thing is to relax and not to worry about it too much. I think we all go through a stage where we are very confused. At 16 I was in the same situation as you, and the boys I had dated knew I was bi (although I am lesbian but at the time refused to acknowledge it). Don't rush anything, take some time to find yourself and don't panic if you're not sure. Sometimes it takes a lot of soul searching for us to really acknowledge and accept ourselves for who we are, not what we want to be.

:slight_smile: It will come to you, I am sure.

4. BibidiBobidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank you for your replies!!
    i feel relieved now that i know other people feel like me!
    unfortunatelly our school doesn't have a councelor and i didn't know where to go for help that's why i joined this forum.
    i just wish i had someone close to me i could talk to.
    well, thanks again and i'll follow your advice! :slight_smile: