1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to wear makeup, how can I convince my parents to let me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by IgiariBeast, Mar 16, 2014.

1. IgiariBeast

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to wear makeup, but my parents aren't big on the idea. I don't want to go overboard, but I do want it to be at least slightly noticeable. So anyway, my mom and dad are okay with me being gay, and my mom actually really that I'm feminine. But she found out about my interest in wearing makeup, and we've been on and off talking about it. She says makeup is a "girl thing" and she doesn't want her son to be seen like that because it'll have negative affect on the family. And she always keeps rambling about how I might get in trouble at school (I live in a town where homosexuality is accepted, but cross dressing and stuff is frowned upon) or people might make fun of me. She knows I have a support group and that I don't care what others think of me, so I feel it's just an excuse. My family seemed so accepting of me before, but my interest in drag and desire to wear makeup is really starting to take its toll and make them act really strangely. How can I convince them to let me wear makeup?