1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing some advice of what to do with being lonely and depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Bryce17, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Bryce17

I just need some advice :frowning2:

2. sanguine

connect with people, maybe spend sometime on here, ask questions, answer questions, voice an opinion, stand for something, discover a hobbie maybe, learn something new.

and then when you've grown alittle more comfortable you can apply it in the real world

honestly I dont know what you're depressed about, But you'll be fine, its just one of those moment kinda things

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depressed: If you can't get professional help, post your thoughts on EC, there's enough of us here who've dealt with depression to cover most things :slight_smile:

Lonely: If you can't find anyone else, talk to us :slight_smile:

4. Munyal

This is always a good place to say anything you are feeling, guilt-free. It helps to get things off your chest.

Hugs!

5. BibidiBobidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hi there! when i feel depressed it really helps me to do some form of exercise!! it really gets my mood up!
    when I feel lonely i try to communicate with others or in the worst case i keep my mind busy...

6. HIL91025

Do you have a cat/dog or another pet? I suffer from depression and the best thing for me is to sit in a silent room, and cuddle my dog. Just use that time to think about how relaxed you are, and just forget all of your troubles. Honestly it works. If you don't have a pet, you can cuddle a pillow or something, or just lay on your bed. I'm sure it works without a cuddle :slight_smile:

7. Bryce17

Hey guys i greatly appreciate the advice but there's more to this i was scared to post all of it because i was afraid of being judged but the other part of this is i dont really feel loved not by my parents because they are the only ones who do but i want like love from someone else sorry if this may be confusing but i feel lonely because i dont have anyone :frowning2: i had just moved to washington not more than 3 months ago and i just dont know what to do in my town theres not really many people to be-friend and i guess im just lost...

8. fortheloveoflez

Depression: Force yourself to think happy thoughts or at least thoughts that aren't negative. I had a really hard time looking at the positive side for the longest time...it took a huge effort for me to abandon than trek. I would immediately try to change the topic so to speak in my mind when anything negative came up....and switch it to some thing like "Oh I love this song", or "oh it's so sunny out" or "I'm excited to be on spring break". Then I'd also suggest to not play up negative traits about yourself...just focus on what you like about yourself....do you have a good sense of humor? Are you a great dancer? Focus on those things then. It's true when they say that it's all in the head because it is.

Loneliness: Once you start thinking positive thoughts you will bring out a happy approachable aura. People would likely find you easier to talk to. I know when I feel lonely I just try to not think about it....the reason is, is because you can't force love. If you do you will look desperate and be miserable at the same time...and then I think to myself, if I never find a good connection with some people then I need to accept that but I will still be happy. Then when I actually do make awesome connections with people it all is just a bonus!