1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a random question

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by flyinhernikes, Mar 17, 2014.

1. okay so i forgot until a few days ago, until i got a reminder email... that i booked to stay at a strangers house for the night.

(basically if you ahve a spare room you can advertise it and people can stay at yours and review you as a host so youre not left in the dark as to what the person is like e.t.c. this guys has a lot of good reviews)

now i only did it this once for the experience and plus im broke so it was way cheaper than a hotel, thing is i cant just tell my mum she will go mad lol. me and this guy have a lot of similar interests im sure we will get on just fine. im 22 but yet i will probably get 'told off' for booking to stay at a strangers house lol.

i shouldnt have to get permission, but alas i do. how do i bring it up without her going mad at me?

i know she only cares but its so annoying!

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell her you're 22 and if you wind up dead you'll pay her more mind in the future...

Also, while it sounds like I'm taking the piss with the above, I really mean it. She won't like it, but you are completely right, you should not have to get permission to do things, frankly you shouldn't need to tell her you're even going out, let alone where you are going and why.

If she really is concerned, write where you will be and who with one a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, and tell her you want it back unopened when you get back. If you're not in contact by the next day she can open it and deal with it that way.

3. thats actually a reeeally good idea lol about the paper thing. i never thought of that, might make her trust me more and worry less! thankyou :slight_smile: