1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustration

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by monotone, Mar 17, 2014.

1. monotone

I thought it would get better after I came out to my parents and friends. Maybe it did, but I'm still lonely because I'm scared.

Meanwhile, I wallow in my anxiety because I don't know how to live any other way. The two people I consider my best friends both ended up telling me that I'm not trying hard enough. Which may be the case, but it feels like I can't muster the energy to carry on living, much less to get better. Seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist hasn't helped much either.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are you scared of?
    Sorry, I'm not really familiar with your situation. Just lookin for some more deets. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. monotone

A lot of things, but in this context, meeting new people.

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just start simple. You don't have to delve into deep, emotional conversations with people immediately.
    Just start by saying hello to people you see regularly, smile, wave, etc. Nobody can hate you for saying hello. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Some people will say hello back, some won't. Some might ask you how you're doing, a simple, "Good, how're you?" is typical.

That's honestly how I met most of my friends that I have now. Just started by saying hello whenever I saw you, then started asking about their day, then found common interests, then started hanging out.
    Just treat it like building blocks. Slowly get to know people.

Are you still in high school? Do you have a job? Are you in college, or in the workplace now?

5. monotone

I'm in college, but I'm still living with my parents.

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you work? Do you go anywhere regularly?
    I've made good friends with people at the gym. Just seeing each other and then introducing myself to them when I get the chance, then just being friendly when I see them.
    If you hangout at a bar or a coffee shop regularly, you can make friends with other frequenters.

In my eyes, that's the easiest way to meet people.
    It could be completely different for you, but I'm just suggesting what I know.