1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm the only gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Bryce17, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Bryce17

I am just wondering if anyone else had felt this way it seems like there is no one else that is gay in my area and let alone not many people to make friends I was just curious if anyone has a similar experience because I'll tell you what it sucks :frowning2:

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've felt this way, and chances are that most LGBT youth in high school feel this way. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Believe me, you are not the only gay in your area. There are tons of others.

I thought I was the only one for a while, but then I graduated high school and am now in college. They're everywhere. :wink:

High school is a tough time. Not everyone is as brave as you to come out of the closet.
    You see the same, relatively small, group of people every day, hormones are raging, and tensions are high - it's not an environment conducive to people coming out of the closet.

Just wait until college. The environment is much more relaxed, people (for the most part) are living on their own, people don't have to interact with each other as much.
    It's incredible how many more gay folks you'll meet there.

3. Bryce17

Thank you for that made me feel a lot better :slight_smile:

4. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boy, tell me about it.
    There's only 2 gay people that I know of in my school, (and anywhere else, for that matter) and they're in a relationship with each other!
    I've stopped craving for a boyfriend. A boyfriend to me, can happen when it happens. (though I wouldn't mind some god damn action soon, literally all my friends are in relationships) But sometimes I just wish I had at least one gay friend. No one truly understands how I feel, and even though it's not that big of a problem, it'd be incredibly nice to share my thoughts and feelings with someone who is going through the same things as I am.
    Whenever I'm depressed or in doubt, I'd just call that friend or text him, and I'm sure he'd lighten my mood :slight_smile:

*rant is over now*
    that felt good letting of my chest :wink:
    Aren't guys just 10 times more attractive when you know they're gay? I feel like affectionately just hugging the shit out of some dude, right now!

#4 Maea96, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  5. BelleFromHell

Atlanta has a high LGBT population.
    Despite this, I'm the only gay person I know here. IT FEELS LONELY. :astonished:

6. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes and this is a major problem for me, it really doesn't help my confidence of coming out.

I live in England and unfortunately I have never even met anyone is gay.

I've suspected one or two, not in touch with those anymore and I feel there's more chance of them being straight than gay with certain observations.

It's sad and frustrating, but I just can't go to LGBT social groups etc. I'm not out at all and I don't think I'd want to anyway.

7. 13Iceflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can definitely relate to this.

Even though I am out to 8 friends of mine, and thankfully they've accepted me, it still feels like I'm the only gay at school. In fact, I don't think I know anyone that's actually gay at all. I've yet to see any bisexuals either... Though I have seen one openly lesbian couple at the school I go to, so that gives me hope.

8. Bryce17

I agree with everyone it sucks but if you want to Maea96 add me as a friend so we can talk and I know I started this thread but I wish all of you guys the best of luck and I truly hope that all of you guys find someone and I'm not a professional but if you guys want to talk I'm here and I always enjoy talking to people who know why others are going through and feeling thanks for the support guys and you all have mine :slight_smile:

9. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure, I can add you :slight_smile: