1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identify as gay but not really noticing guys when I'm out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Daveyboy, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Daveyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys,

Need some advice on an un-usual issue or perhaps normal for my situation. Don't really know. I broke up with my girl friend about 8 months ago, we were together for 5 years. I identified as bisexual for a while but I now feel more relaxed and natural about being gay.

Strange thing is that I don't really notice guys when I am out. I've taken some time to think about the kind of person I would be attracted to physically and personality wise. Though when I'm out I don't really notice and get turned on by men. I notice women but don't want to go down that road again. I've got a date with a guy this thursday so I am out getting involved in the dating game. Abit stressed out by it in an excited way and know it's what I want to do. But find myself going meh about it all really. Also made more time for going out with gay friends to clubs bars, but not that often. Also trying to get involved in volunteering with the local LGBT organisation. Now I fantisize about men fairly frequently and definitely want to get physical with a guy. Quite frustrated so the first guy I end up sleeping with is probably in for the ride of his life. But when it comes to seeing guys in public I sometimes tell myself he's hot, which sort of feels like I'm holding back while forcing things a little at the same time.

Could it be self esteem issues around being gay? Any thoughts? :bang: