1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First postive post!! :)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Anonymous19, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Anonymous19

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So if you read my first couple of posts here on EC you will see that I have NO desire to come out. I'm terrified, uncomfortable, confused, upset... the list goes on. I've told myself that I will never be happy because of who I am and I will always be alone. I've suffered severe depression and have thought about the unthinkable... suicide. So how is this a positive post? Well a lot of this has changed. My outlook on life has changed since coming here to EC! And there are no words to thank you. By no means am I where I am completely happy. I still have my "down" days. But hey I've gotten ALOT more comfortable with myself being gay and I no longer care so much about what people think. This leads to me being able to be happier. There is hope that one day I will be in a relationship with someone who loves and cares about me just as much as I love and care about her... and I'm stoked for that day :lol: I went from saying I would NEVER come out to planning WHEN to come out! well sort of anyway. I know I want to come out, but right now just doesn't feel right. I want to be out of my moms house as right now I'm 19 and still live at home while getting my AA degree at a local college. I am still terrified by this whole thing but I've come to realize I need to do whats best for me. And whats best for me is to experience true love and finally be happy and actually live my life instead of just surviving it!! I do have a few questions. When do you know when is the right time to come out? How do meet other gays to date? Is it hard? And also how to deal with Christian parents accepting you? Its a scary thing to think about but also a really great one. To think I will one day be happy and in a relationship where someone loves me and cares about me really puts a smile on my face. And in the past real smiles have been more than rare on this face. Thanks again to every single one of you who has helped me in the past and showed me that being gay is not a crime.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :wow: That's got to be the most rip-roaring turnaround I've seen in awhile. Major congratulations! I can't say I'm familiar with your earlier posts (lots of people around, sorry :astonished:) but I'm very glad to read what you have here.

When's the best time to come out? I'll use the favored answer to ~50% of questions my police academy instructors give to scenario questions: It depends. It doesn't have to be all at once either; coming out can be one person at a time, strung out over years or decades. In the end, it is only the business of those who can use that particular piece of info about you to help in some way.

Good luck to you. :thumbsup: