1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No motivation for school whatsoever >.<

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yosia, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Yosia

Its my final year at school and i have less than 6 weeks left until my exams but i cant seem to find any motivation at all~ when i wake up i have to drag myself to get ready and if i feel even slightly ill i will try and make it seem worse so i get a day off, its really bad >.<

Today is the same, i was late and missed the bus so i waited until 9 which is the time you are allowed to go home and went home instead of asking mum to take me~

What can i do to motivation?? >.<

2. ZenMusic

Try lookiing at it from the bigger picture. What will you get by going to school in the long run?

3. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Joshiee. Is it anything in particular you don't like about going to school? Classes, people, lack of interest?

I guess like Oceanic said, try and look at the bigger picture in terms of your time after school. Maybe further education isn't your bag, that's fine, but good grades can't be a bad thing right? Maybe also think about what you might want to be when your older, that might give you the focus in a particular subject to do well. If there's any particular subject that interests you, try and keep up your interest in it. Might make the others more bearable :slight_smile:

Maybe also try going outside the curriculum. I've found with the stuff I'm doing and heard from a lot of my classmates that the subjects themselves are interesting, just the way they're taught is... meh. So perhaps try learning stuff on your own terms by looking at articles on t'internet (sites like cracked or wiki or general news sites you can pick up a fair amount of stuff from), looking at more interesting books on stuff. Yeah, things like that. Sometimes the problem can be with the teaching/curriculum, which let's face it can be really dry :dry:. If you're up for it you could teach yourself some stuff which interests you and sort of relates to your schoolwork.

Or get into some study groups with some friends maybe? If you can bounce ideas off your mates it makes everyone's time easier and it's relatively fun a lot of the time. Idk, basically what I'd go for is, if the standard teaching-homework isn't doing it for you look for an alternative way to learn which you like more, mixing it up might make things somewhat more tolerable.

That's my 2c for now, but I'll check back in if anything else comes to mind. Keep us posted if you're still struggling though!