1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what would you do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by aspie musician, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Aaargh...not sure if I should post this...but anyway...here goes: Seem to be going through a rough patch.Not sure if the meds I am currently taking are just making it worse or if I should get more meds.Scared of going onto more meds,since I have been overmedicated in the past with some nasty consequences(difficulty in following conversations,scattered thoughts,feeling numb,and probably feeling even more depressed on them than without them).Obviously went many years without medication and coped more or less(it was not perfect though).Since going on meds I feel less creative and seem to get even more mood swings and depressive thoughts weirdly enough.Went off them last year.Was doing way better for awhile but started getting terrible withdrawal symptoms.So yeah went on a minimal dosage again.Things felt like they were improving (in fact at some stage probably more so than when on a maximum dosage or the years without meds).I guess in the end they did more harm than good.Very sensitive to prescription meds.But been on them so long that I probably can not do without them now...Feel so hopeless at times...dont know what to do anymore.Tempted to go onto different meds but been through this sooo many times...I do not know what is the right thing to do anymore...Confused...And now getting depressed again.Have a really hectic home situation which complicates matters even more...sometimes it is hard to tell how many of my issues are situation based or chemical based..its usually a bit of both I suppose...so yeah...what would you do?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Couple of questions.

1. Are you always taking the SAME meds, or have you been given different types.

2. Are you doing anything to work through the depression (like therapy) or are you just relying on the meds?

3. Hi.Have been given different types.Financial probs so used to only see Psychiatrists.Just had a talk with my sister on the phone who said that the "pill'' that I need is to get out of the house.Just confuses the issue(get a different response from everyone).

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2014 at 06:17 AM ----------

Should maybe see a Psychologist...have been through a few sessions(but not many sessions)and they tend to be confused by the diagnoses...which complicates the issue even further.Psychiatrists-been told everything from possible aspergers to schizoaffective disorder(although the schizoaffective label confused the hell out of everyone)...most probably being a bit too open here but anyway.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2014 at 06:23 AM ----------

So yeah.Only relying on meds atm.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2014 at 06:34 AM ----------

There has been a pattern though.Most people think I might have Aspergers and it has been diagnosed more than once.Pattern with bipolar as well but less so.There are those that feel that I am just weird and that I need to go with the flow though.

4. Sorry for all the added responses.My personal opinion:I have both.Higher functioning Aspergers and Bipolar 2.Yeah.In any case that's enough about that.Feeling weird posting all of this.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2014 at 07:03 AM ----------

Sorry.Should probably not have brought this issue up but anyway.Unfair of me to put you guys in this position...just made a GP appointment.Its on Monday.Will be fine.Its not like I have not been able to get through this type of thing before.Have to stop obsessing about the diagnosis,its just a label!In the end I am a grey area,have to get used to the idea someday!Sorry again.