1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am sick and tired of my mum emotionally blackmailing me!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Mar 21, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I am so sick and tired of her turning it around on me and telling me I'm being a brat and this and that and being defensive everytime she gets an answer she doesn't like! I try to stay calm with whatever I say, but it's like she deliberately tries to bait me into arguments! Does anyone know how to deal with this?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mom is like that and to be honest she always gets me to fight but what I do is limit the time I spend with her but these people are hard to deal with even if you do that

3. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's probably best to ignore her and keep your distance. Based on your other posts, I think it's best if you move out and possibly cut ties with your family when you are old enough. For now, just try to keep your distance, ignore them, and maybe pretend to go along with what they want (without actually doing it of course) and work towards figuring out how and where you can move out to once your of legal age to do so. Speaking from experience, it's best to move out and cut off all ties with anyone who doesn't accept you for who you are and treats you terribly. You will be much happier if you do, and if you surround yourself with people who actually care and support you. Anyone that doesn't do that and just tries to bring you down and control your life is just a waste of your time and shouldn't be in your life. It may be bad now, but it will get much better once you can get away from them. Whatever you decide, good luck. Hope I was able to help.