1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I odd?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CharlsOn, Mar 22, 2014.

1. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

The problem/question is: is it weird or bad when I do not make party or go out? Friends of mine did this every weekend and I don't know if I should do that. Every weekend they get drunk. You can say that they drink themselves the brain away (if you can say that in english?). On the other hand I think I still have my whole life to go out if I want. So what do you think should i do? Thanks:slight_smile:

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What? You don't want to go out and get drunk every night? I used to never want to go out. However, don't withdraw and never go out with friends. I know the drinking age is different in Europe so you do what makes you happy.

But clubbing and partying all night doesn't make everyone happy. Also I find going out to the club every night might get old and expensive very fast.

Basically you seem to know exactly what you want in life and you aren't odd at all.

Oh yes, I drank a bit last night and it was a blast but I'm paying for it in the morning now. However it was with friends and we had a good time so it was worth it. Make going out with friends a special thing rather than an every day thing I say.

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno if it's weird, but it certainly isn't bad. People go out and party because they enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, no point doing it. Stay at home and do what you enjoy doing.

4. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Thank you two very much for answering. I appreciate that:slight_smile: But I have to say I don't know yet what I want in life. I just don't want to go out like others:slight_smile: So I do not have to go with my friend if I don't want to.:slight_smile:

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No you don't. But if you want to go out with your friends, then go do it. Do not succumb to peer pressure.

6. We tend to worry too much about being weird.What you described does not even sound weird to me.Besides I think it can be pretty cool at times to be ''weird''.Its not necessarily always a bad thing either and can have its positives.

7. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Yes, that's right. Sometimes it is cool.:grin: Peer pressure is a huge problem. Nearly no one can withdraw themselves. I try to not be influenced by it but it's hard. Thank you all fpór answering. You helped me pretty much:slight_smile:

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're all mad here. My idea of a fantastic time is enough hours of peace and quiet to get the creative juices flowing. :grin:

9. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That's cool!!!:grin: Maybe I should do that sometimes:slight_smile:

10. setnyx

there is plenty of time to get dumb drunk, you're young. i don't thinl it's weird, certainly not bad to not follow the crowd.

11. Think of all the great composers and artists and authors over time.Most of them were mental cases hehe.Besides the people that appear ''normal'' sometimes tend to be the most interesting of all....

12. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I hope this was ironic:grin::grin: Cause it seems they are all quite boring:slight_smile:

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's because the people who try the hardest to *look* normal are actually very full of personality.

14. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

But what exactly is normal? Mainstream?:slight_smile:
    And I think the quiet ones do so:grin:

15. No I was not being ironic.Normal is not a clearly defined concept true.The people that appear ''normal'' in the sense of conforming to the ''norm'' provided by society hehe.Some people that appear ''normal'' do it as a front.Spend some time with them and you realize they have plenty issues.

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 10:43 AM ----------

Deifine boring-it is ultimately a subjective opinion is it not?Everyone finds different things both interesting and boring.Someone might find art ''boring'' while others do not etc.

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:01 AM ----------

Think about it:there are so many people that appear ''normal'' but get to know them a little better all kinds of things pop up and some of the things they do may baffle the mind to a certain extent hehe. Besides even if someone is an easily readable,predictable person,that does not necessarily make them boring(subjective opinion),the pure simplicity or predictability can be so alien that they become interesting.And people tend to change over time(it does get rather interesting).Why does complexity always have to be seen as interesting anyway?Obviously complexity is interesting,but spend too much time with a so called ''complex'' person,even they can become predicatble to a certain extent.And dare I mention it: boring.

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:04 AM ----------

So that is why I say,apart from the issues and the alien simplicity etc the people that appear ''normal'' whether they are in hiding,or have been conditioned to appear more ''normal'' etc can be the most interesting of all.

16. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That seems to be right. Maybe I should not judge by their outward appearance or how they behave in public. Thanks:slight_smile:

17. apostrophied

I'm like that. It's not that I don't enjoy being with people, but I think meeting up at someone's place, cooking dinner, having a drink (for those of us who do drink), and talking till 1am > clubbing and/or getting drunk.

18. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Totally my opinion!:grin:

19. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Welcome to the same club of mine! :icon_wink

20. BelleFromHell

I don't like drinking or partying either.
    I don't like the idea of going to a party with a bunch of whores, poisoning my body with alchohol, then being ruffied and raped.