1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to invite a crush to a friend get together

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gratigo1, Mar 23, 2014.

1. gratigo1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am really shy and don't know my crush well at all. I was planning on having a bonfire type of thing after I get my drivers license and inviting him. I am not for sure he's gay, but I would definitely like to get to know him. E doesn't have a facebook, twitter, or instagram and I have no idea how to invite him. I have only talked to him once and I think it would be really weird to go up to him out of the blue, he doesn't know I'm gay. I was thinking of inviting a couple of his friends and asking them to invite him since he is sort of a new student. Does anyone know of a better way to do this? Any input is appreciated!

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, first we need to know a few things.
    How do you know him? Do you guys go to same school?
    I would try something like sitting next to him, or standing next to him, and somehow trying to start a conversation.
    Here are some examples:
    "Hey, could you help me with this maths question?"
    "Do you know how to do this part of the assignment? How are you going with it?"
    "That bag/shirt/whatever is cool"
    "Hey, whatsup?"

I would personally do this a few times so that you guys a more used to talking together. Then just say:
    "Hey, I'm having a few people at my place on tuesday (or whatever), would you like to come around?"

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

3. gratigo1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He was new to my school about a month and a friend introduced him to me and a few other people and right sway I got a feeling he was gay. He just has something that I love. I would like to actually be around him just to see how he acts. I don't have any classes with him and I don't really get a chance to talk to him. I was planning on having a friend of his invite him and a few other friends of theirs to this gtg and pick them up in my car and have a conversation then. I'm really shy and it't hard for me to talk to people I don't know that well and he is really cute which makes it even harder! :bang:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just do it!
    Make sure he gets invited :slight_smile:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's a new student, why not say you want to show him some hospitality? You don't need a reason and he won't question it if it sounds like fun.

6. gratigo1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will try something and try to get to know him. Thanks for helping me!