1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I do this?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Csp1993, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I get bored of things very easily. I've been that way since I can remember. I learned an instrument and got bored after a few months, I started trying to make short films (film is a great passion of mine) and ended up not pursuing it, tried to play a sport and that fell through, tried taking a few classes and stopped attending, tried to write short stories for fun and quit after several months. I even sort of did it with my bisexuality. When I first connected the dots I was saying things in my head like, "Yes! That's right! I am bisexual! Woohoo!" Now it's like it doesn't matter. Yes, I like men and women. So what? Lots of other people do too. I was just curious if other people feel this way or if it's a characteristic of something I can work with. I want to quit doing this because my friends don't support my interests anymore. Some think I'll be into it for a little while and then I'll move on. What do I do?

2. Yosia

Im much like this too!! I used to love playing game console but i dont bother anymore, i started to learn instrument and gave up, i have really bad attention span like really really bad (sometimes it take about a minute for me to change what im doing) and my friends find it annoying too~ there is some things i still stay interest like anime and my music types but some things change often XD

3. IsThisAName

I'm exactly like this too. That's the reason why I changed my major like, four times. First I wanted to do photography, then music, then I thought about being a writer, then I decided I'd be pre-med. That last one lasted about 2 weeks, hahahaha. I change my mind a lot. I think it's something that a lot of girls have--we have a hard time making up our mind, we're very fickle. Or it's just a personality trait. But I know exactly what you mean and you're definitely not alone.

If anything, at least when you get bored of something and move on to something else, you're trying something new every time. So you gain new interests and learn more even if you do get bored of them a little while later. I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but hopefully it does!

4. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I'm still interested in most things, but this has gotten to be a problem. It just feels like a waste of time and money. I understand where my friends are coming from though. I get annoyed by it too when I realize that I have done it yet again.

5. Yosia

^ i forgot school subjects, i took them at the time thinking i really enjoy them and i did and then a few weeks later i wanted out of all of them!! The only one i can tolerate now is food and business studies but that is only because it is soo easy and i sleep throught lesson XD

But my A-levels are SOOOO different to what i did at GCSE and i had to explain really much in my interview for college and sixth form why i wanted to change so much ^.^

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're young you could still be finding yourself. I went through some phases in my late teens. In the twenties people are finally figuring themselves out. Not that I know everything yet! If you're older than 25 then you haven't found your passions in life yet. There will be things that stick with you for years.

If you have trouble with staying power then I dunno. Racing games taught me to see most projects through the end. Even Fighting games to an extent. You don't get better without losing a lot at first. The way I see it now is you already made an investment of time so you'd be as well finishing.

It's okay to vary tasks now and then. That might help you. You shouldn't quit everything for good.

7. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Believe me, I've tried to pick back up on all of those things, but I just can't. As soon as I stop its a lot harder to get back into it for some reason. Also, because of this habit it's hard for me to feel confident in trying something new. It's feels more disappointing than rewarding when I pick up something new.