1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job possibly on line, worried

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KWDBM, Mar 24, 2014.

1. KWDBM

I'm not really sure what kind of advice I could look for in this area, but... support, understanding, just a shoulder... *sigh*

Short background: I only recently (2 months ago) went back to work after a 3-month medical leave due to Bipolar and anxiety. Even before that, work has *always* been a very high-anxiety situation for me, complete with multiple crying spells, serious anxiety attacks, and sometimes even cutting. The business I work for specifically functions as a way to teach and give jobs to disabled people, especially those who need extra flexibility (like me needing 5 short breaks in 4 hours to calm myself).

My struggles at work have never really gotten much better, but I struggle through it. I've repeatedly been told by my boss not to worry about my job, take care of myself, my job is safe, etc etc... But Friday while at work she talked to me and said that the company is being restructured and some people are moving around, and they need a full-time reliable employee in my position (I can barely manage part-time). She *said* I'm not being let go, they're going to find a place for me in some other department, but as of yet I have no idea when/where that will be.

So suddenly an already-super-stressful situation like "going to work" is being made a bajillion times worse, I won't be working with familiar co-workers that I like and trust and am comfortable around, I have *no* idea what tasks I'll be asked to do or if I'll have my own desk/cubicle/space or anything, no idea who my supervisor will be and who to call if I can't make it to work (anxiety/depression take over and I do end up calling in more then I should).

I almost feel like this is WORSE then actually getting fired; Okay without my job we have zero income and no way to live/pay bills/etc, but goodness it would be so much less stressful and anxiety-inducing.... But THIS, it's just... I mean, take an unstable woman *barely* teetering on the edge of sanity and turn one of the most important but hardest thing in her life upside down? I just... Don't even *begin* to know how to cope with this. (which is why I haven't been. Avoidance!)

2. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear friend

The future is a scary thing. We don't know what will happen or when. Anxiety can be a very stressful thing. The main thing is to stay calm breathe and go in and do your job no matter what it is. Now, back to what I said about the future. You can't change the past only the future

Keep calm and live on
    -Dex