1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Dating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DeLuna, Mar 24, 2014.

1. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Should I try meeting someone online?? Is it that safe???? Any general advice for online dating???? How could I even find a good dating site??? Any warnings at all if I try it now???? What are your personal thoughts on the matter..?? Have you ever online dated??? How is online dating for transgender people??????? Any advice/thoughts on the subject could help a lot. Thank you in advance.

2. WhisperinShadow

Well, I can't tell you how online dating is for transgender people. All I can tell you is my own opinion.

I've never dated someone online before. I had a meeting with a girl years ago once (not really a date) but I got to know her in another forum, not an online dating site. When it comes to guys and even some women (I've been interested in but couldn't date them because of their lack of interest, orientation or relationships they've been in) I always met them in "real" life like school, university etc.

I like to meet people in person more than online because you can get to know someone better if you spend much time with each other. But that's just my opinion. :slight_smile:

If you are gonna try an online dating site I would suggest that you look for a reliable one and when it comes to your profile I would suggest to take it slowly and not show too much of yourself like writing about your whole personality or loading up many pictures of you immediately. I would also suggest NEVER to write about where you live exactly.

You could try to look if you find people there who could be interesting for you first. But you still have to remember to be careful when it comes to online dating because there can always be a risk.

I think other people here who have more experience with this can help you more with it. :slight_smile:

3. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Interesting

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My experiences with online dating are as follows:

I've had extensive messages with one guy (who I now talk to basically every day) and a bunch of single messages from people who don't seem to have ANY reason to message me.

I've never had anyone message me with anything rude so far and it states that I'm trans in my profile, so that's always good. That said, I don't get a lot of messages at all (But you're much prettier than me so I don't think you would have as much of a problem!).

Basically finding a good site...I mean there are a handful of well know ones that should basically be fine. Personally I would avoid trans specific ones for now until you have some idea how it works because they all seem suspicious!

Some sites have like, question sections where people answer a bunch of personality questions and I find those are quite useful because you can see what people think before you message them.

Just don't tell anyone where you are and you should be ok.

One thing I would say though, is that obviously you are trans AND you are not out yet, which obviously could be difficult for some people.