1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a 20 year old virgin and feel like a loser.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BearLover, Mar 24, 2014.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 20 years old now and feel as if I'm a loser. My friends have had girlfriends and I haven't even kissed a girl. I've been struggling with my sexuality, I've become way too interested in older men.

I have danced with girls before but feel as if they aren't even attracted to me, I don't feel unhappy with myself or feel as if I'm ugly. But people make me feel as if I'm a loser because the girls at clubs never come to me and I don't even get noticed by girls, they naturally go to some other guy but they don't come to me. I would go up to girls myself but I struggle with talking to them, I am confident to dance with them but am completely clueless to what to say, I don't like talking because the conversation is usually something I don't like, if it's talking to girls it's a conversation I don't enjoy. I really do enjoy some conversations but don't think I can have a good conversation with a girl.

I actually think I'm handsome and I've said online before that I think I'm handsome, being honest with myself and maybe i'm deluded but I actually think I am handsome. The girls don't come to me, a lot of people don't even notice me and people are always criticizing me. I can't think of anyone that hasn't said a bad word about me, well maybe a few people haven't, maybe one. All of my friends have slated me before, most people at work have slated me before and my foster parents fall out a lot of the time with me. I have random people moaning about me, it happens all the time. Everyone has to say something critical. Is it just me or do you experience the same criticism from everyone? The only person that doesn't say a word about me is my mum and a few other people but they are rare.

I have been told that I'm arrogant but I think they are mistaking my confidence for arrogance. I'm happy with my looks and the kind of person I am, I don't put people down by saying anything personal but I don't like %90-%95 of people from how people have treated me, I feel as if I shouldn't give people a chance because chances are even the people I think I like will say something bad about me. It's like the majority of people are anchors, we are always finding small flaws in someone and then pulling them down, maybe they feel inferior. But when has anyone said anything nice? I can't remember. When has anyone really gone out their way to make me happy. Only a few do, it's very rare, most people would forget about me, even my sister admitted that she doesn't care about me now but if I were to die she would, which is sad. We take each other for granted when we are here but once we are gone, we realize what we've lost.

I'm starting to become a loner, I do see my friends but feel as if people just don't give a damn about me anymore, ever since I moved in on my own I feel as if I've become invisible, few people care what I say, next to no one and it doesn't matter what I say, they don't care. If the same thing was said from someone elses mouth they would care. If someone else tries to tell jokes people care but once I say it, they don't care. Their is no respect for me.

People tell me that I need to develop my confidence but how can I do that when I have people pulling me down all the time? It's like telling someone to be happy but instead of trying to make them happy, you complain to them which makes them worse.

I'm an introvert, I don't feel comfortable talking in large groups, I think that is just me. I can't change that, I have always been like that. But once I am on my own with one single person I can have a really good conversation.

When I say I like some people, these are rare and usually are older people. I feel alone around people my age. Once I meet older people I can get on with them, I fell in love with my boss, I talk to the older men at work and talk to an older woman at work. What do they all have in common? They are all prepared to listen to me and they understand me, they aren't hateful or quick to find flaws in myself, they get on well, their is a lot of respect in some older people. But still I don't like a lot of older people, especially how they always have to complain about "The younger generation.".

I don't feel attracted to people my own age, I have before maybe but I don't know if I would actually get in bed and be turned on by them. I danced with a girl the other week and didn't feel any attraction, I usually get hard around my boss but not this girl.

What do I do? I have a sexuality that is complicated as I like older men and women. I want to prove to people that I'm not a loser by losing my virginity because at least then I won't have people acting as if I'm the odd one out.

2. BelleFromHell

The absolute WORST thing you can do is lose your virginity just to feel less alienated. I personally don't think that people should have sex until they're 20 or at least 18, sex is an adult matter.
    My advice is don't lose your virginity until you've been in a good relationship with someone for a year or two. The first time you have sex needs to be something SPECIAL.
    Your body is an amazing thing made up of trillions and trillions of cells and it's something that should be respected, not a merry-go-round where everyone gets a ride.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was a 25 year old virgin , so your not a loser there are even 30 year old and 40 year old virgins .

4. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I'm a 19 almost 20 year old virgin that has not even been kissed, does that make ME a "loser"?? I don't think so.. Countless numbers of people have tried to get into my pants.. I almost got raped a few times from crazy boys & girls before.. Also, countless people find me cute or/and pretty!! Actually, just a few minutes ago..someone ON HERE called me "pretty"!!!!! I'm just saying that your soooo not a loser!! There is no need to lose your virginity "to be happy"..trust me, it does not make you happy if you lose it to the wrong person!!!! <3

5. blond

I agree with stocking and deluna. You are not a loser, hell i'm 21 and i haven't even kissed a guy! Its worth waiting for the right person.

6. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I lost my virginity at 16 and wish i hadn't. Im 23 now and looking back i don't think i was ready even though i believed i was at the time. when you are a Virgin it seems like a big deal and you feel like you should do something about it but as cliché as it sounds its not something you should rush into, it should be memorable for the right reasons. Sex with someone you care about and have a relationship with is way better than sex with just anyone.

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 7 years older than you are and in the same position. Don't feel bad; it could be worse. 20 really isn't very old anyways.

8. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Dad was a virgin at 20. And then a few years later he met my Mom.:icon_bigg

9. IsThisAName

You're not a loser at all, I'm 20 and in the same situation. Haven't had sex and haven't kissed anyone yet. Don't rush things, you will know when the time is right and it will be worth the wait!

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm sexually inexperienced too, I don't see the issue with it personally. It's better to wait until you feel It's right instead of force yourself to do it and regret it later.

11. AmiBee

Don't worry and don't rush things. Its better to wait and have sex when it's right for you. Anyone keeping score doesn't have his or her priorities in the right order.

12. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I was 16 when I lost my virginity, and I regret it ever since. Sex complicates things, especially relationships with younger people.
    Regardless of what society has to say, you shouldn't feel like a loser. You should be proud, you should never measure yourself as a person going solely on physical sexual contact ^^

13. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 24 and have never been kissed before, so you are not alone in this.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be the one to maybe make people feel better.

I lost mine at 27.

Eh. People concerned with that need to get their priorities straight and the population of virgins is much higher than people think due to popular culture.

15. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Meh.. I'm 25 this year and I haven't held a guy's hand. Maybe if I stop pushing them away...

16. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    28 here and still a virgin for various reasons. I don't mind being a loner -much like you I don't like large groups, prefer one-on-one conversation etc but aspects of my life due to my own physical disabilities as well as caring responsibilities have made me more socially isolated than I would like. Add sexuality into the mix and the chances of me meeting the right person are dramatically slim. But I haven't given up on the idea that I will meet someone and neither should you if that's something you want. There's no rule that says you have to have sex or a relationship by a certain age. As you might have guessed from the replies above, 20 is still young. You have a lifetime ahead of you to meet the right person, so try not to let yourself get dragged down.

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I was a 20-year-old virgin, closeted all my life up to that point, and I did feel like a loser too. Coming out as gay did take some of edge off of it, like "oh he had an excuse for never having a girlfriend".

But really, virginity is a fictional concept. There is nothing biological about it, there will be no noticeable differences between your first time and your second time. It is difficult even to define what virginity means, it means different things to different people.

The most important thing is that you want to make sure you lose your virginity to someone who is special to you, someone who loves you. You don't want to go on some hookup app and lose your virginity to some random guy you never see again and have that be your "first time" memory to think back to.

As I said, virginity means different things to different people. Depending on the exact definition someone uses, I might or might not be a virgin- but I would prefer the stricter criteria that would make me still a virgin rather than accept the idea that I lost my virginity to some one-night stand. There is no shame in being a virgin. There IS shame in the thought of losing your virginity to a random hookup guy whose name you don't even remember.

18. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is an excellent post.

I know I'm only embarrassed because society puts so much emphasis on sex, not because I necessarily believe there's something wrong with me. If anything I feel bad that I've gone this long in my life without really trying to find a relationship. I might feel differently had I actively been searching for someone to have sex with for all these years.

As far as I'm concerned if I ever lose it I want it to be with someone special, not something I do just for the sake of getting it over with and end up regretting it. I do worry that being completely inexperienced at this point is a potential obstacle and a major turn-off for a lot of people, but hopefully that's not an impossible barrier to overcome. It really shouldn't be.

19. Julieno

I kind of agree with Rakkaus but I don't think there is a wrong way of losing it. I lost it to a guy I barely knew (at least as a top) and don't regret it. I was coming into termS with being gay and it meant breaking a psychological barrier.

Inexperience is not really a problem, it is kind of cute indeed. But you would also need to try being relaxed, outgoing and understanding. If the other person cares about you and knows you are unexperienced, it may be a bit intimidating since he would want it to be a good experience for you and feel pressured! (I has happened to me, though maybe I am just weird and worry too much about everything :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

20. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

^^^ This