1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Sudden Death in the family.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cass, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Cass

My aunts ex, my cousins father, my uncle i guess, just died. My mom just started running through the house freaking out and crying. I feel sad but i wasn't all that close to him. I think its more sad in general and for my aunt/cousins. I have NO idea how he died yet, and am concerned about my mothers reaction. It scared me.

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry. The best thing that you can do is try and be there for your Mom, she is going to be in need of support. Not just now, but also months done the road. there could be days where she can get upset. Just be there for her.

3. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am sorry for yours and your family's loss. I agree with phoenix89 on what you should do. It's best for you and your family to all be there for each other to support and console each other.

4. Cass

5. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I could say many things to this but I think the most important thing to say is that I'm here if you need to chat or something..I know I'm most likely the last person to really talk to but this stranger cares

6. Erzulie

The reaction your mom had is pretty normal. Everyone grieves differently. I agree with everyone else, just let her know you're there for her if she needs you. I had a death in the family recently too (my cousin's wife who I've known since I was like 6 and was pretty close to), and my friends kept telling me to keep in mind "this too shall pass". It didn't really help me, I kind of wanted to yell at them to stop saying that, so don't say that to her, but I'll say that to you in regards to your mom's reaction because it is normal to freak out a little when a loved one passes, but she will come around when the feeling dulls down.

7. Cass

Thanks