1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirming it.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aed09, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Aed09

So at our GSA meeting today, we were filling out registration forms for the conference we're going to tomorrow, and they asked for us to circle our sexuality. It literally took me five minutes of staring at the paper to decide what to circle. I just felt like I was confirming something that I wasn't even 100% sure of (I'm not sure if it's because I'm trying to hold onto a little bit of straightness that could be inside, or what but it was such an issue). I know it shouldn't have been that difficult, but I don't know how to become comfortable with it all. Any advice toward becoming comfortable with yourself and whatnot would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your an awesome girl that doesn't care about labels and you're very sweet feel comfortable in your own skin :slight_smile: I do and I hope u will soon?

How was that?

3. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I understand why it might be difficult!

It's hard enough finding the proper description for ourselves, even harder applying a label to it, and harder still to know which label is the correct one. To that end, for some people, who needs labels?

But all at once you're confronted, in a "sanctuary" (GSA) no less, with an expectation of a label.

I think, rather than let this event turn anything upside-down for you, why not talk to the GSA leader? Ask for an option of "other" under the selection? Maybe the GSA leader simply assumed that there would be no need for "other" since everyone's sexuality might've been label-able.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: