1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Guilt

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DeLuna, Mar 26, 2014.

1. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I feel very guilty for who I am, my mommy and daddy is telling me that I'm going to have a fucked up life if I go down this path and that 'the devil is now laughing at me for being stupid'..........

OMFG, a huge part of me feels like just mentally killing my true self and just being the son that they have always wanted.......I will suffer for them......I would die for them :frowning2:

2. Chess

Chess Guest

From what I've read of your other posts it sounds like your parents are very cruel and ignorant people. I don't want to say 'ignore them,' because they are your parents after all, but... well ignore them >_> Parents always think they know what is best for thier children and they are usually wrong.

3. Cass

For feel guilty because it isn't your fault. I know you love your parents, I know you want them to be happy. But it's not your fault. They may hate what you're doing but that dosent mean that they hate you or don't want you anymore. Religion makes these things scary for parents because they think that God will be angry.
    But God made you who you are, so really they have nothing to fear.
    Never be ashamed of being you

4. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I'm soooooo confused, my mum says that she only wants me talking to them about my feelings and nobody else..but every time I have tried to talk to her about it all, she just gets very angry and scares me

5. TossAWatermelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well why don't you tell her that? It's not like you'd make her any angrier right?

6. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I have, her reaction to that is cussing up a storm and ignoring me for a day or 2

7. lucina

lucina Guest

What I know for sure is that, by giving up and killing off the true part of your personality, you may as well be committing literal suicide, which is letting them win. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but do you want them to win against you, when you know you're right?

8. InfectedGenes

Out Status:
    Family only
    You should never feel guilty about being your true self, and the thing is you can pretend to be their "perfect son" but no matter how much you pretend or act that way or will yourself that way you cannot change your true self, you are who you are that is a universal fact, it is a logically provable fact and to deny it is to deny all sense and reason, to change it would be to change the very nature of reality.

You can attempt it yes but you cannot change who you are, and if others have a problem with that than that is there problem not yours. You were born being who you are you can't change that but they most certainly can change their hatefulness.

P.s. this is a very low blow but you could alwasy remind them that the death of a child is the worst pain a parent can feel and that the way they are acting may cause that, if they son't care than leave them because by not caring they are disowning you but if they get angry or upset than you know they care about you and you can point out that they are only upset with you because they love you but they have to realise that you need to do what you know is best for you and not what they think is best for them.