1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make extra money?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Landslide, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I already have a full time job, I work 9-10 hours a day 5 days a week. I have weekends off but I swear they aren't long enough. The problem is I've been in my first apartment for 8 months now and I get paid enough to pay my rent and all the other bills but now I'm living paycheck to paycheck. I swore I wouldnt let it come to that, but unfortunately it did. I'm never left with enough for other expenses. So how do I get extra money? Also I'm planning on going back to school full time in the fall. Whats a good way to get extra money, legally? And other than getting a 2nd job.

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

if you can manage, babysitting some nights. work on a profitable hobby (like painting, you could sell paintings to local business). Mechanical Turk(doesn't pay much). Dog walking/sitting, Selling your hair, selling your plasma(not donating blood), thrift shop hunting (you can find some old stuff you can flip for a nice price).... trying to think of some more lol

3. apostrophied

Babysitting, definitely. Admittedly you may not feel like it after a full day's work, but with any luck, the kids will go to bed before 9 and you have the rest of the evening to read/watch TV/text. The only downside is it's not a steady source of income (unless you have someone who needs you a set number of nights each and every week). The only way to counter this is to find several families who ask you every two weeks or so, like a lot of families. It might take time to build up your clientele to that size, but eventually you'll get there. Craigslist and Kijiji are your best friends.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Turning a profit on ebay. You can like be your own pawn shop. With your own hours.

5. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for all the ideas, hopefully I can get something to work.