1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pathade327, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Pathade327

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I'm new here and hoping to get some help.

I came out of the closet in college at the age of 20. It didn't bother my friends or family, and I was pretty happy. I went through the rest of my college years open about my sexuality. However, I normally didn't bring it up unless it was somehow relevant to the conversation, and I do not behave in a way that would naturally lead people to assume I'm gay. So, I graduated at age 23, having made some cool straight friends, but no good gay friendships(let alone a boyfriend =/ ). I guess I was too passive in hoping to just run into and befriend some gay people.

Now, I recently turned 24 and I don't even know where to start. I don't imagine that going to a gay club would get me what I'm looking for, although a gay bar might not be a terrible option. The university I graduated from(and I still work at) has an LGBT center, but I question whether I should go there because I'm older than the 18-22 year old students that use it.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to get started making some gay friends?

2. thrnvlpidj

Don't be afraid to visit the LGBT centre; some people are mature beyond their years.

If you let people know you're gay they might know someone that would make a good friend for you.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed with above. :slight_smile:
    Honestly, you're not too old to visit the LGBT center. I'm sure there are tons of 22-year olds who'd date a 24-year old. There's not really even a disparity there.

Just go, say hi to people. Hang out there/do some reading maybe. You can make some friends, and maybe meet a guy. Even if you don't meet a guy, it'd be great to get more into the LGBT scene.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Checking out the LGBT centre isn't a bad idea. There are also dedicated LGBT online dating sites. You only have to google them.

Hope all goes well :slight_smile:

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww (*hug*) were here for and don't worry we'll be your lgbt friends mmm k :slight_smile: (*hug*) :kiss: