1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake relationships

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sexwax, Mar 27, 2014.

1. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    An in the closet friend of mine is dating someone she doesn't really like just to play the straight card for other people anyone else fake feelings, etc becAuse they were afraid of what others would think? It upsets me to see fellow homosexuals living this way because others are assholes

2. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dated a guy before I realised I wasn't straight, and it was not a nice feeling. There was always something wrong but I just couldn't figure out what it was. I can imagine it must be even worse if you know for sure that you arent straight. Dating someone just to appear so isn't easy at all. Have you tried talking to her about it? If she knows she isn't straight then she must also know that what she's doing can't possibly last if she wants to be happy.

You can be in the closet and still be proud of who you are. Her life isn't anyone else's. Seriously I think you should talk to her about it. Because what she's doing is ultimately just going to end up causing pain to both her and the person she is dating. It's going to do that anyway, but it's better that it happens sooner than later.

It's really truly hard and stressful to date someone you don't feel attracted to.

3. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

It really breaks my heart when I know someone who is doing this, because I know they are hurting themselves and the person they are dating. Unfortunately people sometimes have to hurt themselves and others for a while before deciding to be honest. It's really sad.

4. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Opheliac she's been miserable and everyone has noticed she has pushed people away and only allows herself to talk to guys no girls what made you realize that what was wrong was because you weren't straight? It breaks my heart to see this she says she's straight but she's unhappy and from actions alone I know she isn't

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had fake attraction to men but not fake a relationship. I have dated two men before with one of them I just wanted a boyfriend to fit in , the other one I was just lonely and depressed I needed someone to make me feel better .

6. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's sorta what I meant she's doing it just to fit in ad I wish I could do something about it just sucks to see that going on yah know? That people are so I accepting still that people feel they need to something like that hate society that's all

7. Beetle

I did it twice and it was not fun. I was wallowing in self hate and it made me realize how gay I was, but I didn't want to admit it.

8. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What made you get over your self hate and finally come to your senses?

9. XTREMEZish

Guilty I dated this really nice girl before I cam out. We're still really good friends

10. setnyx

sadly i dated guys to make others happy, don't think any of them found out though.