1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Afraid to Die

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by twospiritlycan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Almost every night my thoughts wander, and eventually I start thinking about Death and what it would be like. It freaks me out so much that I feel scared I would die in my sleep. I want to die or grow old. I don't know how to deal with it.

2. SheWhoHasNoName

I'm the opposite of you. Im not afraid of death and I would rather just not wake up one morning. I really don't like my life on this planet. Any other dimension or afterlife would be better.

Why are you afraid of death? We all have to die sometime. Most cultures/religions consider death to be the beginning of something rather than the end. So, try not to be too afraid of death. It's just a door.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, everyone has there own way of coping with the idea of death. I used to fear it, as you do. I used to cry when I thought about it, but then I started thinking of ways to stop myself from worrying.

The way I see it - Death is inevitable. At this point in time, everyone's going to die at some point.
    What will you gain by fearing the inevitable? You know it's going to come at some point. You can't predict when it's going to happen.
    Nothing can change the fact of the matter. Being scared and letting that fear interfere with your life certainly isn't going to change anything.

Don't waste your time fearing what you can't change.
    Accept it, and enjoy the time that you have on this beautiful planet with all of these other people. <3

That's how I've learned to cope with it, and that's how I cope with anything that's inevitable.

4. Kat 5

I am afraid of death. Right now. But that is probably because I have at least 60 years worth of unfinished business to attend to.

5. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I feel the same way as you on this

6. It's seems like something unknown and unfinished. Like nothing really matters after it happens.

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to imagine living forever and losing your mind. Now, try to imagine before you existed. I've been through non-existence before and I could do it again.

Does anything truly matter after black holes devour the universe? The actions we perform certainly matter in the short term. Why not make the most of it?

What is true for me could be nonsense for you. I believe that everything exists and does not exist simultaneously. It's so mind blowing that I can't think about it sometimes. I examined spirituality and science. It made sense for me. Perhaps it has been easy for me due to a revelation at the age of 20.

8. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think about death almost every day and I'm scared shitless over it. I wish I could be one of those who doesn't give a crap, because in many ways I don't give a crap about life. But death is terrifying to me. Can't say why exactly.

9. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Death is nothing to fear. Being dead is the same as before you were born. There is no pain, suffering as your consciousness ceases to be.

Try not to think of death too much. Instead try and focus on your precious time of life and live in the here and now. Pondering the inevitable serves no purpose, especially when there is so much to experience out of life.

:slight_smile:

10. apostrophied

I assure you that, assuming you are young and healthy, your chances of dying in your sleep are extremely low, like 0.0000000000000001%. So you can sleep in peace. :slight_smile:

11. B B

B B

I'm afraid of Death too, just like you, but when thoughts like this come to my mind, well... I reason that death is inevitable, and so it is totally useless to worry about it. It will come, we don't know when nor why, but it will and there's nothing we can do to spot it. So, why worry? The best we can do is to live our life as happily as we can, and not waste them. Let's enjoy what we have now, because it will not come back.

12. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are prepared for death there is less to fear. It is an inevitability that we will all face some day, but few of us prepare for it in advance and just wait for it to happen, or worry about it happening.

Personally, I think you have more to fear from life (sometimes) than death.

#12 PatrickUK, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014